About Me

November 8, 2020

Right Here. Right Now.

What I'm wearing .... my warm, snow flake pyjamas!

What I'm reading .... blogs, blogs, blogs ....

What's happening in my kitchen .... nothing. Dinner is done and by now, we'd hear the soft sounds of the dishwasher. However, I noticed a few moments ago that it was quite silent. So I opened it up and discovered an error message. Dh looked it up and it seems we may have a drainage issue. First issue since it was installed 5 years ago. Thankfully, there is just a small amount of water in the bottom. This model will shut down if an issue arises so we are very grateful it did not over flow. And we have a long, extended warranty. For now, we've shut it off and in the morning, I'll wash the dishes by hand and we'll see if there is something blocking the drain. If not, we'll call Miele and have them come out to fix it. Fingers crossed it's an easy, not too costly issue. 

What's outside my window .... 40 cm of freshly fallen, powdery snow. We were not supposed to get this snow, but it did make it's way up to us. Thankfully, we've lived here long enough to know to always be prepared. Fresh food in the fridge, the pantry is full, all the yard and gardening work was done in October, the cars have gas and if we had to hunker down and be snowed in, we were ready! P.S. 40 cm of snow for anyone who does not follow the Metric System is 15.748 inches, just over a solid foot. Hopefully we're done for now as we'll have to get used to driving again. Bits of fresh falling snow, a bit at a time is in my opinion manageable.

What I'm thankful for .... our little warm and cozy cottage. Good food. Good company. Many projects to keep us busy.

What I'm smelling .... dh's hot chocolate and my popcorn.

What I'm hearing .... "Escape to the Chateau" on tv.

What I'm crafting .... not yet but working on an idea or two for sweet Christmas gifts for all my staff and my volunteers. Many amazing people to show my appreciation for their dedication to our shared passions in our field.  

What's on my mind .... hoping that the many post election celebrations continue to be peaceful and memorable. 

Words to live by .... 


Enjoy!

~ Chy

2 comments:

At Home In New Zealand said...

Sounds like a cozy evening with snow outside, warm PJs, hot chocolate and popcorn, and something on the tele :)
I hope your dishwasher gets fixed alright. Last time I had dishwasher issues it was because a food scrap had blocked the drainage filter - I felt a bit of an idiot when the repairman pointed that out to me!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

We had a snowy day here in Utah yesterday as well. Be glad you are in Canada. Things are crazy here in the U.S. right now. Crazy, and scary. Hope you get your dishwasher issues resolved quickly. Lovely post. I am enjoying your blog.