About Me

November 19, 2020

Challenge: Day 17.


Today's challenge: "The Meaning Behind My Blog Name." Love this one! My answer is pretty short and sweet. When I was trying to figure out a name for my blog, I spent hours reading other blogs and figuring out why they chose the names they did. Most were quite obvious, especially for the type of blogs I love to read. I had a hard time at first trying to come up with a name that would capture my vision. As a fan of the "Little House" written by Laura Ingalls Wilder, it soon became clear to me that something along that line would be a great fit. I settled on "Our Little House in the Big Woods" ~ at the time, we were still dreaming of this scenario and felt it would keep us focused on our end goal of building on our land in the forest. When I started to create my blog, I quickly discovered another blogger had chosen "ourlittlehouseinthebigwoods.blogspot.com" for their domain, so I chose "ourlittlecottageinthebigwoods.blogspot.com" and it worked. We always call our house a "cottage" anyway so it was a good fit. I love the adventures we're having here and love how well the name of my blog has worked out. 

How did you choose the name of your blog?

~ Chy

2 comments:

At Home In New Zealand said...

Interesting to hear how your blog was named. Mine is rather boring by comparison!

Cherie said...

Many years ago I was uploading different pictures of things I had made and in a comment someone remarked that I must be North Yorkshire's Craft Guru as I have mastered so many different crafts over the years.