About Me

November 16, 2020

Challenge: Day 16.

Today's challenge: "Proudest Moment." At 18 years old, when my appendix burst during my birthday party and I ended up with peritonitis for several weeks, I was told the chances of conceiving a baby would be quite remote. Once we were married 4 years later, we decided to try anyway. We also talked about the possibility of adopting but we truly hoped that our dream of a large, beautiful family could be achieved. On our very 1st attempt, we were shocked to discover that we could have a baby on our own! I was fortunate to have a very easy going, no morning sickness, lots of energy pregnancy. And at 8:02 pm, on the evening of July 10th my water broke. It took 2.5 hours before I had my first contraction @ 10:30 p.m. and @ 4:14 a.m. on July 11th, our daughter arrived, naturally and so big! We were told to expect a very tiny baby around 5 to 6 lbs but she was just 2 ounces short of 8 lbs! We were a bit of hit that day as it's not common for moms to birth without drugs or have such big babies. But we did it! And we did it our way. Yes, my proudest moment and it paved the way for our family to begin. Isn't she the sweetest! A beautiful dream come true ....

Do you have a proud moment to share? We'd love to hear it!

~ Chy

4 comments:

Debi said...

A beautiful story... so glad your wish for a family was fulfilled.

Lorrie said...

That's a wonderful story! I'm also proud of giving birth three times without drugs, but I respect those who do need them. So glad your wishes for a babe were fulfilled.

At Home In New Zealand said...

What a delightful memory. Definitely something to be proud of :)

Chy said...

Thank you ladies for such lovely comments! I appreciate your time and your kind words!

X Chy