March 5, 2021
March 4, 2021
Following along with Joyce at From This Side of The Pond and Debi from Barefoot Mom for this week's edition of "Hodge Podge" that I've been meaning to join in on each week and then forget. Will you join in too on this fine day?
1. Is March coming in like a lion where you live? Asian, Simba, Elsa, The Cowardly Lion .... your favorite "famous" lion? Like a sweet little lamb with amazing warm air, melting snow (what little we did get) and bright sunny days.
2. In what way do you "march to the beat of your own drum?" Absolutely, from day one! Growing up in a very hippy environment and taking those in to my own life as an adult, I've never quite "fit in" with the main stream all around me. But I make it work. And actually often hear "I wish I could be as authentic as you, Chy!" I really don't care what others think ~ it is my life and I'm doing it in my way.
3. What item that you don't have already, would you most like to own? Any chance of that happening soon? I would personally love a small baby grand piano. We have my gramma's old piano but can you imagine a sweet grand sitting in the turret in the sunshine? With family pictures on top? I can! Not now but maybe one day down the road.
4. March is National Flour Month .... are you a baker? Cookies ~ cakes ~ or pies .... your favorite sweet treat to bake? What's the last non~sweet thing you made that called for flour? I love to bake but don't have much time to fit it in, except for special events. When I was home with our kids, I baked a lot, even made our own bread. Now it's tricky to find those extra moments. The last thing I made with flour was all our Christmas baking. Mmmm ....
5. There are 31 days in the month of March .... where were you and what were you doing when you were 31? If you haven't hit that milestone yet, then tell us where you were and what you were doing 31 months ago? August 4, 2018 if math is not your thing .... When I was 31, we had been married for almost years; we had 4 amazing children ages 8, 6, 4 and a newborn. We were living in the hamlet we moved too 4 years before. We were 2 years into the house we ended up living in for 24 years before we built out here in the big woods. And I was happily at home with my littles, enjoying our long days and feeling happy to be a full time mama. I was an expert at making a tight budget work. And I was helping others with birthing and nursing babies as much as possible. A beautiful time in our lives. Just for fun, here is my post for 31 months ago on August 4, 2018. It was a stormy day, one of many that Summer. So much lightening and thunder. Hope this Summer is "quieter!"
6. Insert your own random thought here. Loving life today. The sun is out, the air is warm, the melting continues and we've had a great work day. I'm excited to attend a virtual workshop tonight that is being put on by our local library for free (I scored a spot!) and the host is our landscape artist Dora. Can't wait. She's so much fun. I know I will learn a lot. Hope your day has been fine, you are well and safe.
March 1, 2021
February 28, 2021
What I'm wearing .... comfy warm pants, a soft gold~brown color, with my big lavender sweater, lavender socks, my teal cozy slippers and a fresh braid in my hair.
What I'm reading .... finished "Allegedly" and will return it to the library tomorrow. I've got a few Country Living magazines that I skimmed through when I bought them but haven't really sat down to read through, as well as my new English Home. A pot of tea and a cozy spot in the living room sounds about right to catch up on my Brit magazines.
What's happening in my kitchen .... it's quite now but was busy today making our Sunday Dinner. We got some groceries yesterday so I cleaned out the fridge, moved things around in the cupboards and tidied up the pantry. I do this each week but it amazes me how so many adults can leave things out of place after I've carefully orchestrated where everything should fit. Drives me crazy .... I'll just leave this comment here. I'm sure some of you can relate!
What's outside my window .... it snowed a bit this morning and more this afternoon. Sunny, then cloudy, then sunny. The weather can't decide what it wants to do.
What I'm thankful for .... always my family, our little cottage, my work and friends. And our health. So far, so good.
What I'm smelling .... laundry soap smell drifting from the laundry room. I love the smell of fresh laundry.
What I'm hearing .... the tv and talking. No hockey tonight though. Just some good shows we love to watch.
What I'm crafting .... working on the walls in the mini bakery. Almost done this mini but fun project.
What's on my mind .... anything and everything. It never stops! I wish it would ~ one day maybe.
Words to live by .... quote above. Love this one but not sure who wrote it so I can't reference it. It speaks to me on so many levels. Beautiful and inspiring words.
Have an amazing week!