About Me

November 22, 2020

Challenge: Day 22.

 

Challenge for Day 22: "My Dream Job." I knew from a young age that I wanted to work with and help families. But I didn't want to be a Social Worker. I took kind of a round about way to get to my dream job. And to be honest, part of my daily work IS social work. But I still wouldn't change my journey to be here. I feel I'm the best at my job because of the unique path that got me here. I'll probably write more in depth about this one day. For now, I am in my dream job and have been since 2004. My secondary dream job is the family centre we created together, as a family, as a legacy project, in memory of Bretton and Ciara. This led to opportunities that opened a door at our hospice, for a position I had not ever dreamed of having but from the moment it was gifted to me, I've cherished this position. The work is incredibly hard but it is also so humbling and honoring to be invited in to the grief and dying journeys that our clients present to us. I started in a very part time position as a grief counsellor and am now the Director of the Grief Support Program, with staff and a team of volunteers. Every day is precious and I continue to be thankful for those who believed and trusted in my natural and learned abilities. And all the kids, teens and adults I've worked with over the years. All they have taught me continues to support others. Truly, a dream job.

                         Are you in your dream job?

                                      ~ Chy

2 comments:

Mary said...

I think you are a very impressive lady and such a gift to those that need your love, compassion and abilities. Not many can accomplish what you have and have the joy that you demonstrate . Blessings to you and your family.

Chy said...

Thank you Mary for such kind words. I love what I do and that makes it easy for sure!

Wishing you well and hope you'll visit again!

X Chy