About Me

November 5, 2020

Challenge: Day 5.


The challenge for Day 5 is "Fears." I consider
myself a pretty brave person most days but I
am human and carry different fears in my head
and my heart. I fear losing another child, at any
age. I'm not sure if it happened again, I would
survive once more. I fear no one will love this
cottage as much as we do once it's time to move
on. I fear my husband will leave. I fear my kids
will not love me. I fear dementia, cancer, ms.
I fear losing friendships. I fear losing my job.

On the flip side, I cherish my children who are
alive and well. If it happened again, I know who
will support us and what to do to survive. I am
pretty sure there is someone out there who truly
would love this cottage. And that when it is time,
it will all fall in to place. I know my husband is
committed a long future together. I know my
kids will never not love me. I live each day in
the healthy body I have and do everything I
can to stay in this mode. I truly cherish the small
circle of friends I have and work hard to ensure
I don't lose them. And I work extra hard and go
the extra mile so I will never lose my job. I will
be done with it one day, on my terms, in my time.

What are your fears?

~ Chy

2 comments:

At Home In New Zealand said...

I know we all harbour different fears in our lives, but I really love the way you have turned it around in the second paragraph. We don't have to let fear rule our lives :)

Debi said...

I love how you can acknowlege and face your fears and logically find the good in your life.