About Me

November 21, 2020

Challenge: Day 18.

The challenge for Day 18 is "My Collections." I have a number but decided to just choose a few that are in our Master Bedroom. Maybe another day, I'll go around and showcase the others. For now, I'll start with the magainzes I love to gather and keep. Yes, I do read them all and often bring them along when I have a nice long soak in a warm tub!


"The English Home." When we were in the middle of our little house in the big woods build, I was looking for images of English Cottages/Country Homes. The day we bought our AGA in the big city, we stopped at our local bookstore (Indigo) and the store clerk was just putting out The English Home. I was thrilled and commented I had never seen this magazine before. She commented that it had just arrived and they had never stocked it before, but she wasn't sure it would fly here in Canada. I love picking it up each month, though it's usually a month behind. It's a fave in our home.


My very tall stack of TEH. I have run out
of room, so the new ones are now on the
window seat bench. I'll have to do a bit of
a tidy of the bookcases and move them over.


Ah, my very favorite is "Country Living" but it must be "The British Edition." I find the U.S. one to not be as interesting. I again watch for this each month and lately have been surprised that they've been arriving earlier and so not we're not a month behind. We are missing an issue from the late Spring. I'm sure Covid made it hard to order from overseas. Or maybe the publication didn't print that month. So happy to have this little stack grow and grow. But again, I've run out of room in our bookcases and on the window seat ....


Our bookcases are packed but I'm sure
with a bit of tweaking, we can fit these in.


Another collection is tiny teddies. I have
these four up in my dressing room corner.


The view from afar. I love this little hutch
that holds so many things I use and love.


My collection of soaps. When I visited England at the grand old age of 16, I fell in love with all the soaps we came across in our travels and starting gathering them to bring home. My suitcase smelled heavenly once we were back in Canada. And since then, I've experimented over the years to find scents that remind me of that amazing trip. On the top shelf of my tiny cabinet are a few soaps I will never use because of their shapes (crowns) and they are no longer made. But the rest we use all the time. The tiny ones smell the best and are from our favorite store on Salt Spring Island ~ Twang and Pearl. When we visit the island, I pick up as many of these as I can in my favorite colors. This year, we haven't ventured out, so I placed an online order to keep my stash up. The larger soaps are from Rocky Mountain Soaps, made here in Alberta. So many "flavors" and these are used daily. Dh has his stash and this is mine. Yummy!


Finally in this space, my last collection is my growing stash of Susan Branch books. I'm so excited for her next reads to come out and have one on my wish list for Christmas. Looks like I'll have to move the shelf above the books up to fit the next one in. We collect books in general in this family but this pile stands out as my current and forever favorite!

Do you collect anything? Hope you'll share!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

You have some wonderful collections. I have recently started weeding out my magazines and passing them on to a friend. I just don't have room for them anymore and I don't really have the time to reread them, so I figure someone else should enjoy them.

Chy said...

I could never buy magazines when our kids were small. Finances were fine but not a lot of room for extras. Now I have both room and extras built in to the budget! A guilty pleasure for sure! I'm glad you pass yours on. Great plan!

X Chy