November 30, 2020
November 29, 2020
What I'm wearing .... my soft brown long sweater with buttons down the sides, light pink skinny jeans, warm pink socks and my colorful heart necklace.
What I'm reading .... blogs as well as I'm in the middle of reviewing a book for families who have experienced the loss of a baby. My family's story will be in the book as well.
What's happening in my kitchen .... the dishwasher has just sung its song, letting us know the dishes are washed and dried.
What's outside my window .... snow all around us. But warm temperatures and lots of snow, so we're in the midst of enjoying it, so far!
What I'm thankful for .... good health and sweet kids.
What I'm smelling .... balsam fir candle. Mmmm ....
What I'm hearing .... the ticking of the clock and the tv, which is entertaining us with a show about miniatures.
What I'm crafting .... gifts for my staff, but can't say what it is here, just in case!
Words to live by ....
November 28, 2020
Christmas Tree decoration for the cottage.
fun post! Here is my little list .... I wish it was bigger!
November 27, 2020
November 26, 2020
November 25, 2020
hence why it is a full day late! The topic:
November 23, 2020
November 22, 2020
What I'm wearing .... a super warm sweater and a pair of comfy leggings, along with my big reading socks that have a fur like lining inside.
What I'm reading .... blogs tonight. I need to start a new book as I'm done the ones I had started.
What's happening in my kitchen .... it's quiet now as we're in to our fasting time. But earlier we had leftovers for lunch, popcorn and oranges for snacks, and a yummy dinner.
What's outside my window .... snow, so much snow! This week it's going to be warm enough to melt a bit so we'll lose some. So pretty. Glad we can stay in though we did spend a couple of hours outside today putting up the garland around the front door, on the railings and this year, we added some on the back porch.
What I'm thankful for .... that we're safe and healthy. But so very worried that numbers in our region have exploded ....
What I'm smelling .... the mandarin orange peels from my snack. So tasty!
What I'm hearing .... our little guy downstairs chatting away with his mama. And dh upstairs doing his "turn down service" so we can go to bed soon.
What I'm crafting .... finished up pretty bows for our family Christmas tree but think I'll make more for our tiny bedroom Christmas tree.
What's on my mind .... see above .... numbers, numbers, numbers ....
Words to live by ....
That Happened This Year. I don't think
November 21, 2020
November 19, 2020
November 16, 2020
November 15, 2020
Ugh! I hate having conflicted feelings. Usually I can figure things out but sometimes, the answer is not always as clear as I'd hope. Today, I'm conflicted. I know I'll find my answer OR the answer will present itself. Maybe writing about it will make it more clear for me. This often works.
I'm conflicted today because I've been offered an elective surgery date for a procedure that was cancelled back in mid March due to Covid. In the Summer, surgeries were approved again. I received a call on a Thursday, late in the day, for a spot that had opened for the next morning. But I turned it down as our music festival was the very next day. An announcement recently made it sound like all elective surgeries had been cancelled once again. But in reading the announcement again yesterday, I realize the headline and the body did not quite match and in fact, only 30% of surgeries were still cancelled.
On Thursday, late in the day, I received a call from my surgeon's office and I wish I hadn't answered it ~ it said "Private" but I answered it anyway. I was offered a new date of Tuesday to come in for my surgery. I don't think I actually accepted it as I was in a bit of shock and was asking lots of questions. But I must have somewhere down the line said "okay" and now I'm sitting with conflicted feelings.
Why am I conflicted? Here's the list:
The Pros to accepting this date:
* I'm already working from home so no missed work.
* I've been waiting a long time to get this done.
The Cons to accepting this date:
* My student is done on Friday so we have lots to cover this week. I can't just hand her off.
* I have a full caseload of clients who all missed last week because I was on a week long holiday.
* Covid numbers have drastically increased with over 1,000 new cases reported yesterday and 3 new deaths. This is a worry. Is it worth the potential risk?
* Reports are frequent talking about the overcrowding in our hospitals right now, with the ICU's at capacity. And lots of stories of people waiting for surgery who truly need emergent care. A lady in Calgary is waiting for hip surgery. She can barely walk. And yet she has no surgery date and has been waiting longer than me. I feel ethically and morally she should go before me as her need is great ....
* I would have to sit and wait once I'm done, on pain meds and probably pretty loopy until my dh can come pick me up. He can't take next week off as he just had this past week off. And the hospital right now doesn't allow support people to sit with anyone who is going in to surgery OR recovering.
* My last surgery was when I was 18, so I have lots of fears that I've been working through and Covid has become the top of the list now that this is an added concern.
So many mixed feelings. I don't want to regret saying no and not getting this done. But I don't want to regret getting it done and then Covid is present. What if I get my family sick OR I get Covid?
I worry the surgeon may become annoyed if I say no to this date. Maybe he won't agree to keep me on. This has not been shared but it's a worry for me. Likely unfounded. No shortage of surgeons out there for sure but I'd have to start all over again if my no is not well received.
Ugh! I'm off to help dh board and batten our wall. Maybe that will help me come to peace with a decision.
Thanks for listening!
November 14, 2020
I'm not sure we actually have a completely
"average day" in our little cottage. Life is