About Me

August 15, 2014

Can you believe it?

Hi everyone!

I know that the retail market likes us to start our Christmas planning and shopping early. I like to be proactive with our preparations, especially in our cold climate. Gathering gifts early in the season, before the blizzards blanket our region with mountains of snow, always makes me feel better. However, the news I received tonight that our local Costco has their Christmas trees up, decorated and lit, along with aisles of decorations and toys blew me away!


Can you believe it?
Christmas in August!!

What is the earliest you've seen decorations out?

6 comments:

Penny said...

Oh my goodness! That is unbelievably early. Though I did see a display of Christmas cards for sale in a local charity shop the other day. I quickly averted my eyes....

Chy said...

Hi Penny. Our charity shop often has a few Christmacy items out on occasion, like cards or lights, but usually everything is kept in storage until after Halloween. That never bothers me but the speed at which the retail world seems to jump on Christmas is getting crazy. Years ago, the "rule" was that nothing would be out until after November 11th, our Remembrance Day. But now, it seems like any date is fine. I'm wondering if I'll be shopping for Easter goodies one day and will have a hard time because the Christmas items have taken over!!

Cheapchick said...

I did my post this morning before reading yours - honestly! I spotted the decorations in Costco too. There used to be year-round Christmas stores but I haven't spotted any for many years.

Chy said...

Too funny! And I just read yours too. I LOVE Christmas and do plan ahead but I think that the stores having items this early in the year, when we're still surrounded by summer and back to school is a bit too much. And because we are building, then moving, the idea of Christmas is something right now I'm trying to keep out of my mind as the level of concentration needed to do this build well means I don't have capacity for other things to crowd my mind. I'll get excited for the season soon but not yet. Looks like you've got your plans underway. Great work!

Chy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chy said...

Ooops! My comment posted twice tonight. :)