About Me

August 21, 2014

A Bittersweet Birthday.

Hi everyone!

Today, the 21st of August, is a bittersweet day for our family. It is the day, 16 years ago, in 1998, that we said hello and then just as quickly, goodbye to our tiniest baby. Sweet Ciara~Rose was a small bundle of love, given to us for a brief moment but the impact her very short life had on our family and our vast community continues to grow, after all these years. 


We miss her every day and long to hold her again. My personal daily steps are in loving memory of Ciara~Rose. I hope she is as proud of us as we are of her. Holding her in our hearts today, as we remember her tiny toes, her beautiful eyes and her curly hair. 

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be"

~ Author Robert Munsch, 
written in memory of his 2 stillborn babies ....

7 comments:

Penny said...

Sending a gentle embrace to you and your family X

Betty said...

My heart goes out to you. I lost a Sister and two grandchildren. Yes, one day you will be reunited.

Chy said...

Thank you Lorrie. I so appreciate your kind hugs!

Chy said...

Thank you Penny. It was a hard day but we got through it with the love and beautiful sentiments from friends and strangers!

Chy said...

So sad, Betty to learn of your losses. As hard as this has been, I can't imagine losing my grandbabies. Your pain must be doubled, with the loss of your grandchildren and the loss your own children would endure. Thinking of you.

Rachel said...

That is a beautiful tribute to your daughter. Hugs to you.

Sept. 21 it will be 6 years that our son Travis was born silently into Heaven. It is something that I would not wish on my worst enemy. I get through each day knowing that we will see each other again just as I believe you and your daughter will see each other.

Chy said...

Thank you Rachel for sharing your story about your precious son Travis. I`m sorry to learn about your loss as well. I`ll be thinking about you on the 21st of September. A bittersweet day for you and your family.