About Me

August 14, 2014

Fringe Week!!

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to have just one more day of work and then I'm off for a much needed break until the 26th. I plan to purge the house, pack the things we'll keep and paint the rest of the walls and trim. Busy week but no schedule to follow, other than a theatre schedule that will keep us on our toes. 

Theatre schedule, you ask?

Why yes, I answer!

My dh and I met when we were cast together as a young couple at the tender age of 18 at the Citadel Theatre and the theatre/acting/film world has been a big part of our lives ever since that fateful summer. This summer, like most, begins to wind down with our involvement in the Fringe Festival.


Last year's parade on Opening Night. 
My dh is the guy on the right side, blue shirt!


Outdoor performances in the park.
Always draws big crowds of all ages.


Daring performers, music, theatre and creativity.
A favorite summer event each year!


For 10 hot, summer days, Fringe is our life.
Fun, festive, food and frivolity!!

Do you have a Fringe Festival in your community?

2 comments:

Penny said...

Looks amazing Chy. We have the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August in Scotland,. Am amazing, world-wide gathering of performers in the city, very exciting and energising. Words can't really describe it. Have a wonderful time at your Fringe Festival X

Chy said...

I would love to come to the Edinburgh Fringe one year. We are told, here in Canada, that our festival is the second largest in the world in terms of performances and number of people who attend. Performers come from all over the world, as do attendees. Right behind Edingburgh's!! Today, I have a few hours of work this morning, then I'm heading into the city with my staff to watch a production and after we have a cool drink at the end of the show and some laughs, I'll leave my crew and head over to my dh's venue to help with his show for this evening. Busy but fun day. Have a great day Penny!