About Me

April 14, 2021

Short but Sweet.


This will be a short but sweet post today. I slept through the entire night last night for the first time in a long time. And I'm sure it's because yesterday we received confirmation that we're booked in for our vaccines on Friday afternoon. It means missing our presenting our live radio show (we can tape today and replay it), and driving to another community as the earliest we could get it in our little hamlet was May 2nd. But so very worth the change in schedule and the short drive. This means 5 out of 6 of us in our family will be protected. Our eldest son doesn't fit in to the categories just yet but he will be eligible next month in his province. I was pretty teary when we talked with the pharmacist. Lovely man who we haven't even met yet but I'm so thankful for his kindness for this quick request ~ we only called on Monday! The best part is we are getting the vaccine we hoped would be available. We will still continue to be super diligent but now we now even if Covid were to come in our path, our risk will be minimized. I'm not a big fan of vaccinated kids as newborns and have always been a vaccine aware consumer. But this one is different and we will be eternally grateful for the fast worldwide response to creating something to protect all of us. I don't wish away days ever BUT Friday can't come soon enough! I have lots to keep me busy until then and we're doing some extra prep to make sure we can come home and just relax. If we get any side effects we have the rest of Friday and the weekend to just chill. Our daughter had her first vaccine about 2 weeks ago and her only side effect was a bit of a sore arm. My boss said her arm felt like she had been punched super hard but others have said no arm pain at all. I'm not worried as we get a series of 4 shots over the Winter from our Naturopath and my arm aches for a day or 2 after so I'm anticipating the same. I welcome a sore arm over this virus!

Today I have a quieter morning. A quick workout, shower, then laundry, catch up on my work tasks from yesterday, a counselling session for a sweet client at 11, a short break for lunch, then I'm teaching volunteer training via Zoom at 1. It's set for 2 hours but the last few we've done it's been maybe an hour at the most. A break again and then a counselling session at 4. Dinner, a little break and then a 2nd round of volunteer training from 6 until 8. Tomorrow is busy too but thankfully nothing in the evening. Friday is our typical day off and I'll clean the house in the morning, make sure laundry is done and we'll figure out meals for the next few days, just in case we're not feeling the best. Supposed to be a nice weekend so I'd like to get the rest of the deck furniture in place so we can sit out in the sun comfortably. We have to plan out where the new shed we're putting together will go. I've got a new book to start too. Just envisioning sitting in the sun reading and dreaming and letting the vaccine settle in our bodies. So worth the wait.

Wishing you a beautiful day!
Namaste to my blogging buddies.

~ Chy

3 comments:

At Home In New Zealand said...

Great news that you can have your first vaccine shot. I hope it goes well for both of you.

Chy said...

I'm sure our lives will stay the same for now. The vaccines will help us stay at a lower risk but we can't let our guard down for sure, especially with the variants so rampant right now. We hope to travel in September for our son's wedding but will keep watching to see if things can turn around.

Stay safe!

X Chy

Chy said...

Thanks AHINZ! Loving your blog!

X Chy