About Me

April 13, 2021

Melting Away.

 


After our surprise snowstorm on Sunday, we expected to see all the snow melt away yesterday. But it has actually hung around, with a bit disappearing through the day. Last night, it was warmer and we started to hear drips coming off the roof. The next few days are double digits, so I'm sure this mess will soon be melted all away. Then we start planning our new shed build. Another adventure to tackle!

Meetings and calls, emails and conversations yesterday. Dh was taken back by how many times my phone rang or beeped if a voice mail or text or email was left. I'm usually working away upstairs while he uses our kitchen island as his "office" so he doesn't always see or hear how busy it really is. I had to do some calculations yesterday to show our grant writer what that looks like and I came up with handling over 1,500 calls in a year and over 2,500 emails. Yup, it's busy! Today is Resident Rounds for the hospice (virtual), then a phone meeting, then lunch, then 4 little boys at school will have a virtual counselling session with me, then I'll go pick up dd from school and come home for dinner, then a grief meeting tonight. I woke up super tired and sore so no workout for the moment but in between tasks I am going to try and do some yoga today. Back to the treadmill tomorrow and weights after. Doing well but today I'm just not up to it. My colleague who has shared her health journey with me only does the tread 4 days a week so I'm not going to fuss if I miss a session after 2 weeks of daily workouts. 

We had a lovely meeting with a breeder yesterday who has purebred Corgi's. I'm in love with these sweet pups but they do shed a lot! So figuring out now if I'd be allergic or just have a new task of vacuuming and mopping every day. We're ready for a pup but the wait will be 18 months to 24 months, so no rush. Looking forward to a sweet little pup in our arms to love and nurture. It's been over 6 years now since our Celti died so we're more than ready. So excited.

I'm off to shower and get this day going. Hope you have an amazing one! Enjoy the sun if it's shining in your neck of the woods. Be well. Stay safe. Namaste my blogging buddies.

~ Chy

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

I hope the warmer temperatures delight you. I'm sure looking forward to them here. It's good to listen to our bodies and what they need from day to day.

Chy said...

It's warming up each hour and the snow is melting away now. Thankful for the extra moisture for the gardens but would like the rain more!

X Chy