About Me

April 21, 2021

Hodge Podge ....

 

It's Wednesday and time to join in on the Hodge Podge link from Joyce's blog "From This Side of the Pond." Here are the questions for today:

1. Find a penny. Look at the date and tell us something about your life or what you were doing that year? I live in Canada and in 2013, the Royal Canadian Mint stopped making pennies. It's rare to find one now as they were taken out of circulation. I looked today but nope, none in the house. 

2. Were you given an allowance as a child? Did you have to earn it in some way? Did you learn to save money when you were a child or is that something you figured out as an adult? Yes I recall being paid $10 per month for chores and I would save a good chunk of it. Ended up between my first job, babysitting money and the allowance I saved as a kid, plus dh's savings, buying our first house at the age of 20 ~ we were actually 19 years, 11 months old when we made our first real estate purchase. We're great savers but I had to teach dh how as he truthfully would spend all his paycheque as that was how he was raised. Took some time but he finally got it! Now he loves to save and it shows.

3. April 23rd is National Take A Chance Day .... what's a chance you need or want to take? To move forward on a few initiatives that are sitting because I'm worried about the outcomes. Need to just move boldly forward! Risky, but we only live once .... could create some heartache though.

4. What's some outdated slang you seem to use a little too often? I actually couldn't think of anything.

5. It's National Poetry month and I always like to make us work our brains a little .... Roses are red, Violets are blue .... I'm super short but I'm not super port! 

6. Insert your own random thought here. Snow is on its way. We went from blue skies with sun all day and a high of 20 degrees C, to a huge drop in temperature, dark skies and strong winds. Ugh .... I just want a year without storms.

~ Chy

No comments: