About Me

April 6, 2021

Lets Do This ....



I recently took an online gardening class that was centred on starting seeds at home for our veggie patch. This week we will be mixing up our soilless soil (who knew such a thing exists?), drilling holes in our purple Solo cups, filling them with the mix, then setting up the grow lights. By the time the last frost hits our region in mid to late May, we should have some solid plants ready to go in to the ground. Really looking forward to trying out this method and hope we have great results. We've made our list and have plotted out where most of the seedlings will go once we're ready to transplant them over. This year, we're moving the pumpkins out of the veggie patch and over to their own little pumpkin patch. And adding tons of new dirt and compost to the raised beds. Hoping with better spacing and more depth, our carrots will be a decent size this year. One whole bed will be peas as well. Mmmm! These are my two favorite veggies.

In other news, I was supposed to head in to hospice today, but sadly, earlier than I thought, we've been hit with Covid. I'm thankful I've been off for Spring Break, so I wasn't exposed to the virus but now can't return until this passes. I was only going in 1 to 2 days a week and not even full days but was so looking forward to seeing everyone in person this week and catching up. Thankful for technology so I can at least keep up and continue this valuable work, even from home. I have a family that was supposed to come in for counselling this afternoon and hope they have read the email I sent last night that we'd have to postpone OR move to virtual for now. If I don't hear from them in the next hour or so, I'll give them a call. I know they will be disappointed as their boys are so young and mom is actively dying but we have to keep everyone safe now that the virus has hit our space. Maybe this will help us all get our vaccines earlier than originally planned. Fingers crossed! Hopeful for that.

I took an art class last night that continues tonight and concludes tomorrow night. I got the note about Covid right in the middle of my class and became quite upset, so I clicked off the class and will resume it later this afternoon. Quite a neat setup in that the sessions are available to me for one year so I can go back to them as often as needed. Enjoyed the bit I did participate in so looking forward to the next ones. Our contractor is coming over at 4 today as we have a plan that either needs to be put to sleep because it will cost too much OR put in to action if it fits in our budget. And we have to start considering what to do with our other house as the market has become an amazing seller's market. So many things to work through right now. Lots of little stressors. And some big ones too! Thankful that we are warm and safe, healthy and able to continue to work from home. The stressors will be solved in time and the virus will be eradicated so we can move freely again. Hope is always free. Hope is what the one thing we can count on. 

I'm off to work out, then shower, then meetings, then art class, then contractor, then dinner, then board meeting. A very busy Tuesday. Wishing you a wonderful day. Stay well.

~ Chy

4 comments:

Debi said...

You are one very busy lady! I hope that your COVID outbreak is not long lasting and that you can get back to in person work soon. I can't draw to save my soul. My six year old grandson is waaaaay better at drawing than I am! I am going to get my seeds tomorrow and will have everything started by the end of the week (fingers crossed!).

Lorrie said...

Oh dear. I hope the Covid outbreak is quickly contained and deemed over soon. I have some seeds started in a window here, and I am so looking forward to getting out into the garden. It's sunny, but the wind is very chilly.

Chy said...

It's a busy time of life Debi but I love it all! I do wish we could be back on site at work as it's so much easier to converse but at the same time, working from home has definitely been a less stressful and less tiring experience.

Hope you get your seeds started. We're working on this later today again. And art too!

X Chy

Chy said...

Lorrie, I hope it goes away soon too. No sun today but lots of wind again ....

X Chy