About Me

April 23, 2021

My Favorites.





I have a love hate relationship with food. You may have heard me say this before. Born with undiagnosed reflux (discovered when I was in my 40's), an undiagnosed hiatal hernia (same time line) and severe life threatening food allergies, eating became painful and scary, and for decades, something I dreaded. I battled anorexia and it still blows my mind to this day that we were able to carry 4 good sized babies to term, though we've lost 8 precious little ones and now I often wonder if being too underweight was part of the problem. Over time, once I was diagnosed, we began to experiment with food to get me to a point of being able to eat without pain, and to achieve a healthier weight. Now, most of the time, I enjoy eating. And have some favorite foods that I could eat every day .... and sometimes do! 

My favorites included soft pasta with alfredo sauce, baked ham with coleslaw and roasted veggies, soups, yogurt with berries, grilled cheese sandwiches (with pickles), chicken stir fry and anything that is easy to chew and swallow that I'm not allergic to. Love casseroles with chicken, broccoli, cheese and rice. Mmmm. And lobster. Who knew all those years ago that lobster would be a food I can tolerate. Do you have favorite foods you love to eat? Share away if you wish.

Namaste on this sunny Friday morning.

~ Chy

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am a salad gal.....and I love potatoes. I, too, was anorexic for several years.
Not a huge meat eater and was a vegetarian for a year....until I got hungry for a steak and then could not resist the Thanksfiving roasted turkey! I don't eat a lot of sweets but I crave salt!! I am so happy that eating is no longer a painful experience for you.