About Me

April 20, 2021

Foody Books.


Yesterday was a crazy, busy work day. And today is the same. I don't think I have a quiet day this week until Thursday when it's a bit calmer. New programs this week starting up, new referrals for counselling, deadlines, etc. I'm starting to get super tired but working out each morning and the weather is helping. Pushing through and getting it all done. Feels good once I get to the other side and the to do list is smaller. The rest of Spring should be a slower pace for work. Not life, as we have some grand landscaping plans this year but work will be quieter. I am thankful each day that we both still have our jobs through this Pandemic and that we enjoy what we do. When it's super busy, it's very tiring. 

Our kitchen island looking all forlorn. No food being prepared. No one sitting on a stool working on a project. Just an empty island, waiting patiently for the next user to come along. Do you collect cookbooks? I started with one given to me at one of my bridal showers. And over the years, I've collected a few. I have a stand to hold the book when its in use but sometimes find using my laptop works well too. Those are all my sweet "foody books" on the bottom shelf. Just enough to give us inspiration for trying new things. 

All for now, my blogging buddies.
Wishing you a peaceful day. Namaste!

~ Chy

1 comment:

Debi said...

I had a pretty large collection of cookbooks and last year I really purged them. And you know what? I still have a large collection of cookbooks! Some I keep for sentimental reasons, a soup and stew cookbook my mom gave me, a Betty Crocker cookbook that was a wedding shower gift and was my first cookbook, "Cook My Darling Daughter" cookbook from my mom, several paperback Bisquick cookbooks... on and on. The ones I use most often are on a shelf in the kitchen, but now I more often turn to my computer for recipes. Hope your week does slow down on Thursday and Friday so you can ease into the weekend. Like you, I loved my job and when it got crazy I had to remind myself that it wasn't always like that and power through.