About Me

April 7, 2021

A New Day.







Easter Dinner was fun but we so missed our other kids. We're grateful our daughters live with us so we've had family all year during Covid. But not seeing our boys and their families, my mom and other family members, and our friends has been hard. This celebration seemed the hardest as we're now in Year 2 of the virus and it's not getting better. A year ago I truly thought "okay, we lockdown for a month or so and kick this thing to the curb." But I don't have that same hope anymore. Will try to find it again. It's been a rough few days and I'll need to do some work today to get back to my smiley self. For now, pretty pictures of our Easter feast above. We're still enjoying a few more leftovers.

Today is going to be crazy busy. I'm heading down the hall in a few minutes to do my treadmill and my weights. Then a lovely shower. Meeting with my boss on video, then a phone counselling session, another video call with one of our hospice residents and his family, then a meeting (video) with my team, and the final video call for the day will be with my practicum student and her advisor ~ today is her final eval and her final day, though she has asked if she can stay on as a volunteer. So happy to have her continued support. She's going to be an amazing Social Worker. After all this, I'll take a bit of a break and then I have to catch up on the art class I'm signed up for. It's 3 nights ~ Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. It was live but each night was saved, and for up to one year, I can play the videos over and over again. Very thankful for this as last night was a very difficult end to the day and I didn't attend class. Tried to do some self care and ended up crawling in to bed early instead. Didn't sleep much but at least today is a new day. I hope you have a great day too! We all deserve some great days when life is tough. I'm off to tread out my bad feelings, stomp on my mood and lift some weights after my run/walk. Namaste my friends!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

((hugs))

Chy said...

Hugs back to you sweet Debi!

X Chy