About Me

April 2, 2021

Good Friday.



I wanted to share these amazing frames I bought from a lovely lady off FB Marketplace yesterday. She took fairly tight shots of the frames (there are 3 altogether) and because I have seen the big teal one in stores in the past, I assumed it was the same size ~ about an 8 x 10 size. I was amazed when she opened the door and it was so big! I'm not sure it even looks as big as it truly is from the angle I took the photo from. Massive! And super heavy. She was offering the frames as $10 each and I asked for the teal one. But as we chatted, she offered me all 3 for the $10 I had in my hand. I initially thanked her and felt it wasn't enough. And truly I only wanted the 1. She insisted as they are moving overseas and it was helping her to get rid of them in 1 shot. So I agreed and came back to the car with all 3 frames. I love the smaller cream frame. Perfect for our decor. I was going to take the big one to work before I knew it was a big as it is. The color would be perfect for my new office. I'll have to see if I can safely hang it but if not, we'll keep it at home and I'll repaint it sage. The third frame is quite contemporary, so I'll donate it. Love my $10 purchase. 


This corner of the living room has become my favorite spot to curl up with a book when life in the family room gets too noisy! I love the sun at the end of the day. The quiet and calm, the soft chair and the cozy pillow. Best spot to write letters too. I've been writing a lot during this week off. 


Today is "sanding the caulking" day while we finish up the board and batten in the lower level. Then painting tomorrow. We hope to then board and batten up the long, steep staircase that goes to the lower level, as well as the mudroom, then the main staircase and the long hallway leading to the art studio. Our final project will be the 1/2 bath on the main floor. It's been wallpapered and now needs the trim. Lots to do, but we're taking it one task at a time. 

Later today, I'd like to see if I can duplicate the sweet bunny ears above for our napkins for Easter Dinner on Sunday. There is a video and it doesn't look too hard. I even have some pretty ribbon I was gifted. Wish me luck with this fun task. Looking forward to creating a lovely table for dinner.

Wishing you well on this rainy Good Friday.

~ Chy

No comments: