About Me

April 28, 2021

Piano Lamps.





Since moving in to our little cottage, I have dreamed of tall lamps on either side of the piano that is in our dining room. For a while, I had a tall, but small lamp on one side, but I truly didn't like the lopsided look. The lamps we recently found via FB Marketplace ended up in our bedroom as the shades were too wide for the narrow piano top. We did move the tiny lamps that did sit on our bedside table to the piano but the scale wasn't right. I knew at some point, just the right ones would come along. And they did! I saw a pop up the other day, likely because I had been looking at lamps, and contacted the seller right away. They were available and I made arrangements to pick them up. I was so excited when I got them out to my car, realizing from her conversation and the condition that they had never been used. She was moving and needed to downsize and for $30 (for both), I was happy to help her out. We replaced the original bulbs, which were quite bright, to a softer glow and got the look I was hoping for. Now we have to get the curtains back up, once I find the right lace to add to them. It's all coming together, slowly. One little step at a time. 

My full moon woes day got better as the day wore on. And today is going to be great! A quieter morning, then a meeting with my team, a larger meeting with all the staff, a counselling session with a great client and then tonight, I have a couple of lines to complete on a grant that is due on Friday. I love pushing "submit" and am hopeful we'll receive the funds. To have our upcoming workshops paid for in full means we can offer them to the parenting community at no charge. With Covid, this is one way to support our local parents and I'm looking forward to this new collaboration with another organization. Win, win! After the grant is submitted, I'll watch the final episodes of "The Secrets She Keeps" and then it's off to sleep. Not super exciting but things I look forward to, especially after a couple of tough days. Rain is in the forecast for the next little bit, which we so need. Not only will it keep grass fires at bay but green everything up. Our little seedlings are starting to pop up in our cups and I can't wait to get them in to the garden boxes in the veggie patch this year. Already dreaming of fresh peas from the pod and crunchy sweet carrots. And lavender in the flower beds and along the garden paths. Big dreams.

It's time to say goodbye for now. 
Have a great day! Namaste.

~ Chy

No comments: