About Me

April 24, 2021

Little Houses.



I love little houses. Even as a child, I would draw them in my notebooks and in all my artwork. All our married life, we've had tiny houses, though our last one was a good size as we had many small children. Though this house is not tiny, we still call it our "cottage" and love to decorate in a cottage style. I picked up these sweet little houses at a store one day, where I had ducked in to for a few minutes to get out of the pouring rain. I searched for my warm lunch, then came around the corner of an aisle and they had these on the shelf, for 85% off. Such a deal! So I bought 5 of them. Each is different and I love the details. Tiny, cozy and colorful.



I've often shown favorite corners in our cottage but I love this one a lot. I'm not looking for some pretty fabric to create curtains that I can see in my head, blowing in the breeze. And to cover a window seat cushion, once I have that made too. Sweet now but will even be better in the future. The shelf I've talked about before. It was an awful dark color but much brighter now. Plants do well here and my tiny wreath hanging from the shutters gives a warm feeling of home. The highchair was gifted to us and is now a spot for a little pillow that says "I'm in the Garden" and another little plant in a vintage pot that is doing well here. The quilted pillow was a great find in a charity shop, as was the bunny who rests beside it. And you can see my one hat that I sometimes wear in the garden. Special treasures in the shelf, including a vintage tea pot someone gave me, some prints, glass birds and on top, one of my favorite lanterns. 

Enjoy the weekend, my sweet
blogging buddies! Namaste.

~ Chy

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Those are such sweet little houses. I can see why you bought (and treasure) them.

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Those little houses are adorable. You got a great deal! I love cottages, too.

Debi said...

What a lovely little corner! Those little houses are so cute and such a deal! Enjoy your weekend!