About Me

April 27, 2021

Full Moon Woes.

 

Yesterday started out nicely but turned rough rather quickly. It wasn't until the end of the day when someone mentioned that it was a full moon day and suddenly the entire day made sense! Great work out, lovely shower, early to my meeting and a few laughs to get the day going. But then we learned of a few deaths and how we'd be operating during the outbreak we're currently in. And then I shared that one of my families experienced the unexpected death of their loved one late Saturday night. Many small children involved and so that was hard news to share. Our team is so compassionate and any death is difficult to absorb. I spoke of the impending death of my other family's mom and how the boys I'm working with are doing. Found out an hour after the meeting that mom had just died. Such sad news. I sent out a link to a meeting I hosted last night and one of my volunteers quit, with no reason given, in a very curt message to me. My heart sank. The phone rang and it was our old dealership for the vehicle my dh just sold on Friday privately, with a great deal and the transaction to the new owners went very well. But the dealership wanted to buy the vehicle from us and though they do not know what we sold it for, implied they would have made the deal "sweeter" ~ this just made me mad as we gave them the opportunity last week to consider a deal and they ignored us. My meeting last night went well but I ended it feeling quite overwhelmed with the info shared to me from my volunteers about some of their experiences. Now I've got some extra work to do to get this program back to the original vision. Finding the extra time is going to be hard. The last harsh blow of the day was finding out that one of my amazing volunteers from a few years ago is now needing our support as her dh is dying. Too much sad in one day. Full moons are something I usually track and then plan for as I'm quite affected. But missed this one. At least now I know why it was such a heavy day. And know I was in good company as everyone around me struggled too. The day after is always better.

At the end of days like this, I always try to find the good in any of it. Here's all I came up with: it was sunny, though super windy. Was able to chat with a friend, in person, distanced, for a few moments. Time with dh. A beautiful dinner. New lightbulbs for the lamps we bought off FB Marketplace last week for the dining room, making the room feel finished. And though I had many worries, I did sleep all night last night. Today, I'll finish up my work and then start to work on the extra I have now. And I'll be meeting with the one family today, virtually, and though I know it will be tough, I'm thankful we can be here for them. I am excited we have 1 of 4 landscapers coming out to give us a quote on doing some of our landscaping for us this Summer. Something to look forward to and dream about. Hoping the quotes come in within the budget we've set aside. We'll still be doing work ourselves but there are a few "dream" ideas we have that we'll price out now and see if they will fit. Looking forward to getting this last stretch done. One day, it will be complete and we'll sit back to enjoy.

I'm off to work out and shower to get this new day
started. Wishing you a beautiful day. Namaste.

~ Chy

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh dear, that DOES sounds like a particularly rough day. Years ago when our children were small, I worked in a hospital Emergency Department. We all planned for full moons because the strangest things would happen and typically there would be several deaths. Others thought I was making it up, but no. There really is something to it.
I hope today went better for you and please know I'll be praying for you and your staff and volunteers.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Chy said...

Today is getting better by the hour. I've also worked in the Birthing Community and we would preplan for full moon days and many births! Thanks for your kind thoughts today Betsy. We are so lucky to have this amazing blogging community of support.

X Chy