About Me

July 25, 2020

Nineteen Weeks.


We've now been home for just over 19 weeks. Life is comfortable and personally, I could just be here forever. However, we are fortunate because we live in the woods and are away from the noise and the drama of city life. We have food, there are many tasks we can work on (and do), we have our studio to create in, we have books to read, shows to watch, gardens to tend to, decks to stain and daily work to complete. There is no boredom ~ far too busy for that! But the one thing that has been hard is when we do venture out, I've noticed a level of fear and longing to get home as quick as possible. And yesterday, after picking up an item for our daughter (masked and distanced), picking up some groceries and some items for my mom (masked and distanced), and dropping off said items at her care home and chatting with her care manager for a short time (masked and distanced), I was totally exhausted! I didn't even drive, dh did and he's such a good help but I was wiped out. I bet we were only gone an hour. Had to nap when we got home. Ugh! I'm sure the stress of being out where the virus could live was the cause but I find I'm going out less and less. And I mean in to town. I'm fine being outside and chatting with neighbors. But driving in to our little hamlet, completing our tasks and coming home has become an exhausting experience for me. I'm going to have to work on this before life gets back to normal. Or our new normal. Can't afford to be off my game if I'm exhausted from just going to where ever I need to be. Hopefully this will improve. Now that I'm conscious of it, I'll have to do some work.  

How is your energy level?
Do you find tasks make you tired?

~ Chy

4 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the idea of staying home day after day. When you are fortunate enough to reach the age of retirement it becomes the "new" normal.
If it were left up to me, I would run to the hills, in a little log cabin, and idle away my remaining years, surrounded with cats :)
Glad to hear you are staying well and safe.
Hugs,
~Jo

Ellen D. said...

I know what you mean. I have been feeling so tired lately and I am mostly staying home! If I complete one or two small chores, I just feel like "that is enough" and I have to rest and relax and read. So I am not accomplishing a lot around here! Glad you are staying safe, tho. Thanks for posting.

Chy said...

I'm quite loving being home but know at some point, I'll have to venture back to our office setting here and there. I'm hoping once we are ready to do that that the numbers will be very small or done then. Fingers crossed!.

Thanks for visiting Jo!

X Chy

Chy said...

Ellen, I'm going to see if I do my workouts in the morning if this will help me have more energy during the day. Worth a try!

Thanks for visiting!

X Chy