July 2, 2020
We have now successfully navigated
16 weeks at home, isolated but heathy.
For the 1st four weeks, we did the following:
* set up our new home offices for all
* figured out how to rework our schedules
* investigated how Zoom could work
* looked into rewriting our wills/directives
For the 2nd four weeks, we did the following:
* purged cupboards and drawers
* purged the laundry room and mudroom
* purged the art studio and our master
* purged the guest bedroom and all desks
For the 3rd four weeks, we did the following:
* began to plan projects outside of work
* redid our back deck with cedar planks
* designed then built our greenhouse deck
* ordered a greenhouse and lots of art supplies
For the 4th four weeks, we did the following:
* continued working in the garden
* ordered and set up new deck furniture
* planned out our Summer and our Festival
* had an audit done on our house and land
We've accomplished a lot in the last 16 weeks.
But as good as this feels, we recognize a lot of
this was to keep busy, as the fear is always there.
What if we get ill? What if we die? So many bad
thoughts creep in and make us anxious. Tasks
are helping and plans too. This is far from over
but we have much to be thankful for. For now,
we keep busy, keep dreaming and keep hoping.