About Me

July 14, 2020

Cozy Comfortable.



We had a super wicked storm last night that knocked our power out for about an hour and a half. So scary with the wind whipping the trees around. None thankfully broke or fell down but it was hard to watch and worry. I was worried the sump pump would fill with water and then not be able to eject the water out but thankfully the rain was not heavy and as soon as the power came back on, it kicked in to gear and our pit was empty again. I was ready to do some bailing but didn't have to go that route. The thunder was loud, the lightening minimal but it soon ended and the sun came out again. But the wind did pick up throughout the night at times and this morning, despite the bluish/cloudyish skies, it's pretty strong again. I'm hopeful that the rain, the thunder and the lightening stay away for today and that the wind will die down and go away. I have gardening to do!

While I munched on my brekky this morning (leftovers from the party weekend!), I thought of how fortunate we are to live in this area, despite the recent storms. A sweet cottage that is cozy, secure careers, even with Covid, great kids and amazing grands. It's a cozy, comfortable life and I'm thankful every day. We've had extremely hard times (don't get me started!), we've failed, we've won, we've loved, we've fought. At the end of the day, we do feel a deep gratitude for what we have, what we've achieved and that we still have dreams to chase. I'm also proud we give. We provide. We care. We throw ourselves out there for others. And we are blessed. In this time of Covid, reflection is helping me personally get through each day and hope it helps others. We have no idea when this will end, but like the storms we've had lately, as scary as it is while we're in it, we know that it will end. We'll pick up the broken branches and sweep off the veranda. But we'll still be here and we'll keep going. 

Wishing you all, my beautiful blogging buddies,
a day filled with sunshine and love. And hope!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

Storms in life are hard aren't they, but the sun always comes out. Stay safe.

Debi said...

I love your postive outlook. So glad you didn't sustain any damage from the storm.