About Me

July 26, 2020

A Writer?


What makes a writer? Who decides one is?
I watched "The Walton's" growing up and
the lead character John~Boy capturesd life
on the mountain with his words. In time,
he became a published author ~ his dream.
I share this dream and love to capture our
tiny life here in the woods. I've also been
writing a book for several years now and
this week, took a writing course. I hope
to publish one day, but does that that make
me a writer if I haven't been formally trained
or have the credentials to be a writer? This is
a question that has been mulling around in
my head a lot lately. I was asked what I do
for self~care, and I talked about writing
every day, that I have a blog, and a book
in the works. And the individual who had
asked me to share what I do for self~care
(we were in a group setting) said "ah, so
you are a Writer!" Hmm. But truly am I?

Are you a Writer?
Have you published a book?

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

Hmmmm... good question, especially for those of us who have blogs. The blogs are something that we write, we "publish" them online but does that make us writers? I think it kind of does. I have been a writer of sorts all my life but I have never had anything published.

Chy said...

I was thinking later how I've had my words published in the newspaper (I had a column in our community edition), in a couple of magazines and submissions to a couple of books that I was asked to contribute to. But none were paid and there's likely the difference. I've been an actor through my life but never felt professional until I was paid for my skills. So there's my answer!

Thanks for your comment Debi!

X Chy