About Me

July 9, 2020

Home Alone.









Since we first came home to quarantine, now over 119 days ago (17 weeks today), I have always been here with most of my family or at least one or two others. Yesterday, for the first time since March 12th, 2020, I was home alone. Completely alone. Except for dd's little puppy. It was eery and weird and I'm not so sure I liked the experience. Too quiet!

My day was full though. I had a little break in between clients and while I usually do all my calls and Zoom sessions in our little turret home office, yesterday I was down on the main floor, snuggled on the warm couch, while the rain fell from the sky again outside ~ shocking that was raining once again, right? Before I sat down, I did venture in to the front of the house to take some pictures of the living room and the dining room now that I'm done painting both. You'll see the curtains haven't been hung back up just yet. That was the whole reason for the new paint refresh .... because I had to replace the original curtain rods and that meant filling holes, which of course requires painting all the walls! I love have clean everything feels again after painting. Please know that the walls all look like different shades of lavender but they are actually all the same. Just the lighting from the dreary day outside (or should I say "lack of lighting") make it look like each wall is off in color. I do apologize they aren't the best pics. Sometimes hard to take good inside pictures when the sky is super dark outside.

Today, I have a couple of counselling sessions and a couple of meetings and then I can relax. Tomorrow is super busy! I'm glad today is quieter. My energy is low and I'm feeling down but I'm pretty sure it is the weather. One day of sun in the last 2 weeks was NOT enough! Next week is looking better. I sure hope the predictions are correct. At least we're just getting rain and no storms. A bit of thunder last night but it was minimal. Other areas around us have been hit hard with wind, hail and torrential, flooding rains, so I'm thankful we are not in those zones. We have been lucky here.

Wishing you a beautiful Thursday and hope you are well, safe and loved. Namaste today and always.

~ Chy

2 comments:

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Your home is beautiful! I had the same experience last week. Hubby took all the boys out for a bike ride and I stayed home - it was quite surreal.

Chy said...

I'm glad so far, it was just one day. I'm going to have to get used to it again for the Fall when things hopefully return to normal a bit more. For now, I'm cherishing my family being home together .... most days!

Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by to visit.

X Chy