About Me

January 3, 2021

Cream Lace.


I started a small collection a couple of
years ago ~ Skye McGhie's "Cream Lace."
It's the perfect fit for my grandmother's
corner china cabinet. Everything fits.


But then on Thursday, I met a lovely lady who sold
me the above pieces to add to my little collection.
I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fit all these new
pieces in to the cabinet. I may have to find other spots.


My "Cream Lace" lamp in the dining room
across the cabinet. Sweet, lacey and so tiny.


There is a bit of room under the lamp. I may
have to add pieces in to my secretary in the
living room. Or in the big china cabinet
that holds our pretty dishes for special days.

Sigh .... my little dilemma for the day.

How was your Sunday?

~ Chy

14 comments:

Debi said...

Such pretty dishes! I just know you will find the perfect places to display them.

At Home In New Zealand said...

What a pleasant dilemma to find yourself in :)

Lorrie said...

These are very pretty pieces. Love the little lamp. A quiet Sunday here.

Granny Marigold said...

What a treasure trove you were able to acquire. I'm sure you'll find perfect spots for everything.

Betsy said...

Such a dilemma! The dishes are so lovely that I know they will find the perfect home. I wouldn't have been able to pass those new pieces up either.
Blessings,
Betsy

Cherie said...

Oh wow,that is beautiful. I collect Royal Albert 'Old Country Roses' and really could do with buying a bigger cabinet to display it all.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

So beautiful, I've never seen that pattern before, it's very feminine.
They look so pretty displayed in your dark cabinet !
Wishing you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year ..
Hugs,
~Jo

Chy said...

Thank you Debi! I managed to squeeze each piece in but truthfully, there is NO more room. Which may mean I'll either have to move them to a different spot OR choose to have some in the china cabinet OR stop buying!!

X Chy

Chy said...

It was a nice dilemma AHINZ .... a nice distraction from Covid!

X Chy

Chy said...

Thank you Lorrie. It is a sweet little lamp. I need a new bulb but when it is lit, it casts a lovely shadow on the wall.

X Chy

Chy said...

Thank you Granny. It was hard but I managed to find spots!

X Chy

Chy said...

Betsy, I would have kicked myself if I didn't drive in to the big city and buy them from the very sweet lady who was selling them!

X Chy

Chy said...

I bet your collection is amazing Cherie!

X Chy

Chy said...

Happy New Year to you as well Jo! I love this pattern ~ it is very lacey and so pretty!

X Chy