About Me

January 25, 2021

Ten Fun Facts.


Danielle over at "Danielle's Sweets" shared a great post today called "Ten Fun Facts About Me" and invited readers to participate. So here is my "Ten Fun Facts About Me" List:

1. I want a sweet little puppy one day soon! We had a puppy for 16 years. We bought her to help our kids heal from their grief after our many baby losses. After Celti died, we decided it was too painful to bring another puppy home. But now we're thinking about it again, and secretly, I'm really excited. Hence, the puppy picture above!

2. I never knew my dh in school. We went to the same junior high and then high school, and likely attend many of the same parties, but never ran in to each other, until a month after I graduated (he graduated the year before) when we were cast together in a large theatre production.

3. I was not interested in a relationship after being "dumped" by my longtime love in high school. Then I met my dh that Summer. We vowed NOT to fall in love, but here we are, almost 40 years later ....

4. I always hoped for a large family. And feel so privileged to have met my guy, who had the same wish. We have had 12 pregnancies, every one planned. But have only had the honor of raising 4 of our babies to adulthood.

5. I work in a field I had never planned on being part of. I mean seriously, who as a kid says "when I grow up, I'm going to be a grief counsellor, an educator and my dream job would be in a community-based, family-focused hospice!" Who decides that at a young age? Not me!

6. I have one brother. He's almost 4 years younger than me. And almost a whole foot taller!

7. I've lived in 3 Provinces: Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. My favorite was B.C. but I love it here too.

8. I was terrified to move to the country but not I can't imagine ever living in a town or city again!

9. I've travelled to the U.K. and Russia. Would love to go back and see the changes as I was a teen then.

10. I'm super short, have fallen in love with gardening, rescue dollhouses, write every day, love to sing, have my very own art studio, a cozy cottage we built, and a loving family. But every day, I struggle with anxiety, self esteem and feelings that I can't even always name. I'm real, feisty, authentic, and will always advocate and fight for what's right. 

Will you share your Ten Fun Facts?

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

It was fun to learn more about you. I hope you get your puppy soon! Have a great week!

Chy said...

It's so hard right now Debi with Covid - all the breeders are sold out and even the shelters don't have puppies. We'll keep looking and know one day, a pup just for us will be here.

Have a great week too!

X Chy