About Me

January 31, 2021

Goodbye January.


I always find January and February hard. These
two months tend to be cold and snowy, dark and
dreary. I'm always thankful when we get to the
end of January and move in to February. I'm even
happier when February is done. March just seems
full of life and light. This year, with Covid, I have
embraced every day in January. I'm grateful to be
healthy and to not have had any family members
or close friends contract the virus. And this year,
January has been quite the "snowless" month,
with tons of warm sun. So grateful. So thankful.
Goodbye January. You were good. Hello February!

~ Chy

4 comments:

Betsy said...

We had lots of snowy, rainy days but much warmer than normal and I've loved that. Most of the snow is gone. I'm always ready for February too because it's one step closer to spring. I need to learn to like all seasons don't I? My brother died of Covid in May. It still doesn't seem real to me since we were unable to have a funeral to say goodbye. Restrictions for funerals aren't as severe now as they were then. Lots of friends too. I'm praying for faster vaccine distribution and an end to this plague.
Blessings,
Betsy

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

So much to be grateful for in January and so much worry. We had rain and sunshine and a small touch of snow. My family is well, a new baby was born into the extended family. Celebrate the good and turn off the TV/FB a lot of the time.
Hugs
Joy

Debi said...

I consider January and February to be our true "hunker down" months. We never do much as it is always so cold and many days are just downright dreary. Have a great week!

Lorrie said...

January and February are my least favourite months of the year. We have had an extremely mild winter so far, with no snow to speak of. I wouldn't mind a good snowfall with fat fluffy flakes that sit around for a few days. We might just get rain! It is good to be thankful - and there is much thanks to be given.