About Me

May 18, 2020

Rainy Days.


Thank you for the sweet and kind comments on my scary post yesterday. I am so thankful for the diagnosis of strep throat vs. the diagnosis of Covid! I can't imagine what that would be like both for the individual battling this virus and their family and friends. So very thankful to not be on that journey. I'm definitely appreciative of every breath I can take at the moment. And so grateful for all of you. You keep me humble! Far away friends that make my day bright.

I'm still not 100% but managed to help dh yesterday with the greenhouse base and decking. The base is built and so solid. The decking is about 1/2 done, with the rest laid out. I did stain the lower deck with it's second coat and then started staining the greenhouse deck, and managed to get 1/4 of that done before we ended our day @ 4:30. It was hot but there was a breeze all day and some cloud so we made better progress than the day before when it was scorching and no cloud cover or breeze. Today we've woken up to dark skies, some rain and thunder in the distance. It's supposed to be like this all day, with thunderstorms until about dinner time. Tomorrow is not too bad then it becomes a pattern of rainy, cold days until the weekend again, when it's supposed to be another couple of hot and sunny days. Looking forward to planting our veggie patch then. We had hoped for this weekend but I still need more soil and the nighttime temps are still a bit low so we'll wait until next week. On our shopping trip to Costco the other day, we picked up 6 perennials (large and medium and so healthy) and 2 tall lavender bushes. I've got lavender growing in the garden and will be using the greenhouse to cultivate my own little lavender farm. But these are sweet trees in a lovely pot and they look amazing on the front veranda. I will likely plant them in the front garden once the season is close to the end. For now, a beautiful addition to our quiet spot that is perfect for sunsets. Quiet and peaceful, a great spot to read.

With the rain today, my plan is to work on the art studio. We painted walls last week and now it's time to put everything back in its place. And then I need to bin up the Winter boots that are still sitting in the mudroom. Getting a bit too crowded, so off to the garage storage room they go. This week, while the rain keeps us inside, I'm hoping to also tidy up the garage, sort and flatten the cardboard that has accumulated, continue to bag and box up donations (loving all the purging that is happening), continue to dream about what's next on our landscaping plan, and work on case notes and puzzles. Not an exciting week but one I'm looking forward too. I also need to find dirt and we had our eyes and hearts set on a new conversation set for the deck but it's now sold out online, so I want to pen a letter to the store to see if it will be back in stock this year. Looks like from reviews it's been a staple for a number of years now so hoping it will come back in. If not, we'll have to start our search all over again. We've been watching "Dead to Me" on Netflix, so we'll likely finish that up this week as well. And work a bit on our Festival in August. We'll be doing it online this year, so lots of little details to work out. I personally love rainy days ~ keeps me grounded and cozy inside.

Wishing you an amazing day and hope the rain
stays away from wherever you are!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Debi said...

You are certainly keeping busy! Don't forget to rest so you can conquer the strep in good time.

Chy said...

Thank you Debi. Today was a bit slower and I think the meds are finally kicking in. Today, I could swallow with less pain. Hoping this is the beginning of the end!

Hope you had an amazing day.

X Chy