About Me

May 3, 2020

Incoming Storm.


We woke up to the news yesterday that our little Province is under a weather warning with a Special Weather Statement. A big storm is on it's way from the West Coast. After finishing up my work yesterday, I worked out in our little gym and then went outside to ensure that we'd be ready for what is on it's way. We cleaned all the furniture and placed it on the back porch, the two lower decks and the front veranda. We laid out the foundation pieces for the greenhouse we ordered to start building the base this week. Then put the remaining wood in a tidy pile beside the deck, covering it with a tarp to keep it somewhat dry. We made sure the rain barrels were set up well and ready for an overflow of water. We put tools away and laid out the last tarp to dry in the sun. Today we woke up to blue skies and no clouds. The original time for impact of the expected high winds (damaging is the word used in the statement) and at least 50 mm of rain, with snow possible in the mountains, is 4 pm. But as I was laying here reading and thinking about the day, the sky has changed to clouds and I can hear the wind picking up. I re~checked the forecast and now it looks like we could have rain starting as early as 11 a.m. So I'm off to fold up the tarp and tuck it away safely in the garage. Hoping that as much as rain is good at this time of year that we don't end up with a severe storm and damage. Wish us well! I'll check back in later with a progress report. Stay well, my blogging buddies. Stay well.

~ Chy

10 comments:

Mereknits said...

Hope you were able to ride out the storm with no damage. Stay safe and well.

Sandra at Maison De Jardin said...

Dear Chy, hope the storm will pass by you. Storms can be so scary. We lived in Va. Beach, Va. for many years and I have sat through my share of hurricanes. So I wish you the best. Stay well and safe.

Debi said...

I hope the storm isn't as bad as they say it will be. Stay safe and well.

wisps of words said...

Best of luck!!!!!!!!

πŸŒ±πŸŒΈπŸŒ±πŸ’—πŸŒ±πŸŒΈπŸŒ±

Granny Marigold said...

Hopefully the storm will not be as bad as the forecast states. We had sunshine, rain, and heavy hail just today. I'm so glad I hadn't planted out my tomatoes yet or they would have been flattened. Keep safe.

Chy said...

Thank you Meredith. So far, we've had dark clouds and lots of wind but not rain at the cottage so far, though in the Big City next door to us they have lots of rain, so i expect it's on it's way as we are East and it's coming from the West. Fingers crossed it's not too bad tonight!

X Chy

Chy said...

Thank you Sandra. I love rain but storms are not on my favorites list! We have had tornados here but only a few. Very rare. Thanks for visiting and your kind words.

X Chy

Chy said...

Thank you Debi. So far, so good!

X Chy

Chy said...

Thank you Wisps!

X Chy

Chy said...

Thank you Granny. Glad your storm has passed!

X Chy