About Me

June 27, 2021

Right Here. Right Now.

Guess who's back to gracing our cottage?
Yes, it is our sweet little Oliver. He's back!

What I'm wearing .... my jean short overalls and a purple tank top, with grey socks and my black and purple runners. My black hat with a million flowers all over it. With all our hot weather, this was the next best thing to being naked!

What I'm reading .... still reading the same book. I'm slow ....

What's happening in my kitchen .... dinner prep is underway. BBQ tonight, with thick pork chops, corn on the cob and an amazing caesar's salad with bacon and croutons. I have a Mike's Hard Lime cooling in the fridge, just waiting to be cracked open and enjoyed. A treat at the end of a busy day.

What's outside my window .... our brand new, almost finished constructing shed, set on the brand new deck we built for it, and 8 pallets of brick pavers to start our hardscape landscaping. A Summer full of outside projects.

What I'm thankful for .... that after working so hard on all these projects, we're still married! We've found our rhythm. 

What I'm smelling .... the scent of fresh laundry that has just come out of the dryer. I LOVE this smell.

What I'm hearing .... the sound of dishes and silverware as we get ready to eat. Days like this we often forget to eat lunch, so dinner is very welcome tonight!

What I'm crafting .... dollhouse windows, flooring choices and fabric to sew. Excited to work on my granddaughter's dollhouse. Wish I had more time ....

What's on my mind .... the struggle in my mind over the call to cancel Canada Day this year, in light of all the newly found graves filled with Indigenous babies, children and teens. I've always felt so blessed and fortunate to be Canadian but today, I am struggling with this horrific piece of history that is now so public, as it should be.

Words to live by .... "the hot weather got me like ...."


Be well! Have a great week.
Namaste my blogging buddies.

~ Chy

No comments: