About Me

June 3, 2021

Lush and Green.





Despite the harsh heat wave (ending today, thankfully!), the landscape around us is lush and green. This time of year at the cottage is so beautiful. Except for the weeds. I'm hopeful the cooling trend for the weekend does happen so we can get caught up again. We did let the dandelions grow this year as recommended for the bees but now I want to pull them up before they turn white and seed. We also have horsetail weed that has come up in the last 2 years. I just read a great article on how to get rid of it (not pulling as that encourages more growth) so we'll be working on this as well. Living in the country, we'll never get rid of every single weed but we like to keep them at bay so our property looks well cared for. We take pride and the hard work is worth it. 

Today I'm excited to meet with our new team member this morning. She'll be integrated into our team as well as the residential care team. We are all tired at the moment as hospice care is hard work so having new energy is already proving to be helpful. I love sharing our programming and look forward to working with her. We hope to hire another grief counsellor as well soon as our caseloads are high and at the moment, just the 3 of us providing this care. I'm doing less and less counselling as my position as director entails a lot of commitment to other areas so in time, the wait for client care is going to be long. A work in progress is in place for a new team member. That will take some pressure off. 

I'm off to work out, shower, water the garden and then head in to hospice. Home in the afternoon to do more work, then an evening off to do whatever I want while dh does his radio show. No plans just yet. I should paint our granddaughter's dollhouse that I'm working on. She requested pink for the exterior. And I have to see if I have enough shingles to attach those for character. At the moment, the roof is just flat wood. The windows are opaque as well so I'm hoping I can find windows the same size to order. I hope she loves the end result. Finding furniture will be up to the mama and the papa but I may see if there is anything in my stash to get her started. I love how much she wants this dollhouse. 

Wishing you a beautiful sun~filled day.
Namaste my sweet blogging buddies.

~ Chy

No comments: