About Me

June 2, 2021

Heat Warning.


We are currently under a heat warning that started on Monday and goes until sometime late tomorrow. I'm so very thankful that our cottage has air conditioning, my little car too and our hospice has a cooling system as well. The sun is out, things are growing but it's far too hot to sit outside or do any true gardening. For now, in the morning, when it's cooler, we put our potted plants out on the back deck for a short time, I water them and deadhead, then let them sit until the water has dried on the leaves. Takes at least a solid hour, so off to work I go and then dh brings them in and lines them up on the nook floor on mats. This gives them sun each day and water but they aren't sitting in the extreme heat and wilting. Lots of work bringing them in and out but worth the effort to keep them looking so amazing! I love walking through the garden in the morning, when it's just me and the birds, gathering water from the rain barrel and making sure all the green sprouts are well watered before it gets too hot. I'm happy we're almost done this heat wave and hope we don't have too many this Summer. Always scares me that fires will become an issue.

My to do list was huge today and I'm happy with my accomplishments. I have one more email to send and then I'm shutting everything down so I can get back to my book. Everyone else is happily settled in their own spaces, away from the heat and it's quiet in our cottage tonight. I love nights like this, where contentment reigns, and life is good. Dh is doing his show for the night and then we'll likely watch a taped show, then off to bed once the cottage is cooler. So thankful for a house that doesn't hold the heat too much, and even more thankful we can turn on the AC for about 20 minutes, then shut it down and leave the system fan on to circulate the cool air. I have a friend who leaves her AC all day and all night. That would be way too cold for me. I don't like to be overly hot but cold is not good either. Tomorrow will be better and then we can get more work down outside again. Our neighbor came over with his small tractor on the weekend and he was amazing in moving some dirt down to the spot we want to build our new shed. Now we need more dirt. Hoping to order that tomorrow so we have it for the weekend. Weeding, moving some plants, building the deck and then getting the patio stones ordered are our focus the next week or so. At some point, painting the deck will be next, then the front veranda. It's all coming together. Can't wait for it to be all completed, but at the end of the day, will the landscaping ever be completely finished?

All for today. Hope
yours was amazing.

~ Chy

No comments: