About Me

June 20, 2021

Right Here. Right Now.


What I'm wearing .... my black leggings with dark pink, white and green flowers. My hippy gauzy dress in dark pink that matches the flowers. Bare feet. It was a hippy kind of day!

What I'm reading .... "I Was Anastasia." Still reading. I've had a wicked headache all week ~ likely the humidity is the culprit. Not a lot of reading happened, outside of work related stuff. Today, no headache, so I might try and read a bit tonight. Unless I fall fast asleep in our comfy bed ....

What's happening in my kitchen .... closed up for the night. Clean and quiet. Ready for tomorrow's yummy creations.

What's outside my window .... very quiet outside tonight. A slight breeze is making the leaves dance on all the trees. The sun is getting lower and lower, and will set soon.

What I'm thankful for .... a sweet Father's Day for dh, a time of reflection about our dads, and missing our tiny babies a lot today. A beautiful but teary and hard day for so many. 

What I'm smelling .... my coconut cream on my hands.

What I'm hearing .... I just cleaned the kitchen, so I'm still smelling the dish soap ~ lavender, my favorite.

What I'm crafting .... our sweet granddaughter's dollhouse. Windows are on the way. I do wish I could create the wreath above. Isn't it sweet? I love the coordinating soft colors.

What's on my mind .... how much we got done today .... I made dh breakfast in bed, we then went outside and levelled the ground, laid down the landscape fabric, gathered all the tools and the wood, and put together the deck that next week we'll build the new shed on, tidied the greenhouse, took the covers off the deck furniture, water the plants and the garden, swept the deck, planted my last 2 pots, while dh and dgs took the bins down the lane so the garbage truck can pick them up tomorrow I had my shower, then came down to our neighbors out on the deck ~ lovely visit, then we sat out in the sun for a while, came in when we got too hot, dh had his shower then went to play a game with dgs, I sorted and filed all the paperwork for May and June, tidied, vacuumed, dh made an amazing bbq dinner, then we celebrated him with gifts and cards, laughter and ice cream cake. Now everyone is ready for work and school tomorrow, and the cottage is quiet. I'm sure it won't take long for any of us to fall asleep tonight. Busy week but I only plan to work until late Wednesday, then I'm going to take a bit of time off from the 23rd until the 5th of July. Many plans to figure out before Thursday. And time to relax too.

Words to live by .... love this one .... hope you like it too ....


Wishing you a beautiful week.
Hoping it's a sunny. Namaste.

~ Chy

No comments: