About Me

March 31, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up.


I have one more full day off before I head back to my workmates this week. It was a lovely and very busy week off. In addition to the purging that took place, we also ordered a new tv to replace the vintage one that was in our bedroom. It arrived a few days later and set up was pretty easy. It's nice to have a nice, clear picture now. Prior to this new item, we were watching tv that had an awful picture ~ any humans on the screen had bright red skin, as if they were badly sunburned. And the sound was not great anymore either. I'm sure we had that unit for at least 20 years. New one hopefully will last as well. Fingers crossed. 

Our second acquistion during this week off was our long awaited, we saved forever, treadmill. A good quality one, very heavy duty and so far, quiet. We ordered it on Thursday and picked it up on Friday. The best part? It was 70% off ~ such a great sale!! It took our neighbor and dh and myself to get it out of our car (the two guys loading it made it look light!!) and up the stairs to our art studio. We cleared a corner (see previous posts) and it will go beside the Bow Flex. Dh and I put it together last night in about 2.5 hours. And we didn't kill each other AND we're still married!! We're good. 

I organized closets and drawers, recycled and bagged up paper for shredding, put our tax items aside for our accountant (more to input), and went through all my clothes and donated 6 big bags of perfectly good clothing to our local charity shop and still have some piles to go through. I have a few more boxes that need attention, I want to reorganize the Christmas storage room in the basement and last but not least, reorganize/paint/epoxy the garage. That will take place during my next week off later in April. The big chunk is done now and the next bit will be much easier with the inside of the house all put together. 

Overall, I'm very pleased with my work and how this week turned out. I did manage to throw a few naps in, a trip to the library for more books to devour, some writing, some art, being outside (though it was a cool and rainy week), some surfing on the net, some clothes shopping, some Father's Day shopping and lots of relaxing and not thinking about work. That starts on Tuesday! A great week. 

How was your week?
Was it relaxing? Or busy?

~ Chy

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Wow!! You sure had an enthusiastic purging! I'm certain the thrift store welcomed your donated items.

Chy said...

I love purging! It's a lot of work but always feels good to donate the items that are just sitting and taking up space! X Chy