About Me

March 9, 2019

Saturday Sharing.


My breakfast in bed this morning. Paying tribute to our upcoming Disney trip! And celebrating that we are safe and warm today. We had a bit of a blizzardy day yesterday. And despite careful driving and literally no traffic, we still ended up in the ditch. More on our adventure in a later post but all is well. A small dent in the muffler and no one was injured, so life continues, with thankfulness for amazing neighbors and perfect strangers who stopped to help. Life in the country continues to amaze us and this was just one example of how lovely and genuinely helpful people are out here. I asked dh if our experience yesterday would make him move back to town and his answer was quick and short ~ "no way!!" I guess that means we're staying put out here!


Yesterday afternoon, after our ditch escapade, I cancelled our grief program this morning. It was blowing snow, icy roads and cold wind. Thankfully, everyone agreed. We woke up this morning to beautiful bright sun but I didn't put class back on. Everyone is working so hard, a little break is okay. We'll go one week more this month to make up for this lost day. 

In this house, it will still be a busy day. We have hockey playoffs this afternoon and hockey to watch on tv this evening. In between both, we have to stop at Michael's to pick up an item I'm still missing for my art class tomorrow. I thought I had the glue required but went through my art studio and discovered that I'm out of that one. Off to the store we'll go, coupon in hand. We also have to stop at the grocery store for a few fresh items and pick up our favorite Chinese food that we didn't get yesterday with our ditch blip! Can't wait ~ such good food and prepared right in front of you as you order it. Mmmmmm! Home to eat and then time to chill. However, I have plans before the game on tv.


As you can see by my two pictures, the art studio has gotten very messy. Yup, this is real life some days. The rest of the house we can keep so tidy, except for our back entrance (five of us coming in and out each day means boots are all over and school bags and work bags dumped) and the art studio. As my dad, the realtor, would say "you have to have some spaces that look lived in!" And it's true. So part of my day before we go to hockey today (now that I'm not teaching this morning) and once we get home later today, is to tidy and purge the counters and put things back where they go. I have a whole cupboard full of painting supplies but do you see that nice pile above that should be IN the cupboard? And in the picture above, a few bins are out of their cupboard as I was looking for some items for the dollhouse reno. But then got sidetracked and never put them away. Once I'm doing cleaning up my mess, I'll post new pictures to show the open spaces that I dreamed of but keep filling up with projects. The back entrance will be my project next week ~ we bought some new heavy duty mats to cover the floor better in the Winter with our snowy boots. I'll take a before and after once I tackle that project. In the Spring, we're hoping to have someone come in and epoxy our garage floor but we'll paint the walls first and get it better organized. We built two big shelving units ~ one for the storage room and one for dh's workshop area but now I have bins to put items in so it's more streamlined. Can't wait for that project to start. Going to look great and be a nice work space for him, instead of "just a garage." 

Tomorrow I'm off to my art class, the one I'm nervous about and hope it goes well. I have some homework to do later when the game is on tv. My supplies are gathered and other than figuring out a snack to take along, I'm ready! I'll post pictures of my creation once I'm home. We have one more playoff game tomorrow, after my class, so it's a busy Sunday. Hope your weekend is fun and relaxing! Enjoy!!

~ Chy

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

How wonderful that you came through the ditch episode with so little damage. March is not loosening its grip on winter just yet. Stay safe and cozy.

happyone said...

Sorry to hear about your mishap but glad to no one was hurt.
We really enjoy living in the country too. :)

Chy said...

Thank you Granny. It was an experience! X Chy

Chy said...

I'm glad you love the country too, Happyone! Hopefully, we'll have less excitement this week. X Chy

Anne in the kitchen said...

So glad no one was hurt and you were able to enjoy some Mickey themed breakfast in bed.

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Oh, I'm so glad that noone was hurt. Icy roads can be very dangerous. I'm pleased to hear that people stopped to help you. I hope you enjoyed your art class. I just went to Disneyland! It was fantastic!