About Me

March 29, 2019

Remembering Bretton.


Our sweet son, Bretton~Elijah Lucas would have been
23 years old on March 25th. We celebrate him each year.


Over time, we've received many gifts from family and
friends to add to his memory box. I put a few out this year.


Not every family will remember their lost child with a cake
on the birthday but we do for Bretton. It just feels right.


I'm so comforted with knowing that in our family, in
our grief, this is our normal, with tears and memories, 
love and hugs, laughter and community. This is how
we get through each day and how we hold Bretton now.

How do you remember a loved one, gone too soon?
I'd love to hear your stories and your special rituals.

~ Chy

2 comments:

TheAwakenedSoul said...

That's wonderful. I'm sorry for your loss. I find it helps me to write about the people that I miss who are on the other side.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry we never started having a birthday celebration for our little still born son who would by now be 45 years old. My sister's family does mark the birth/death of their first grandbaby every year but she's much younger than I and nowadays one hears more about such rituals.
I'm glad you have your time of sweet/sad remembering.