About Me

July 24, 2018

My Dream.

In Kindergarten, I was in my first play, a production about Peter Rabbit and his sisters. The setting was the garden of Mr. McGregor and the set designers put up white picket fences and garden boxes with gravel. I played Cottontail and love crunching through the set! All my life since then, I've always hoped and wished for a picket fenced in garden, with garden boxes, and pea gravel. And look what we've made!! Just what I always hoped and planned for. My little dream come true.


This took a lot of searching, researching, measuring, planning, digging, remeasuring and so much pea gravel! But we did it. We know have rows and rows of veggies growing in the sun.


We still have to put up the last two panels with the pickets and the gate. We've been sidetracked slightly by the rain and now the deck build. But soon, very soon, the last few items will be in place and we can then say our dream garden is done. Next up: flowers on the outside. That will be my new challenge.

Do you have a little veggie patch?
Is it closed in with a picket fence?

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

Your garden looks wonderful. Mine melted away when I had veggies here. So no garden for me in Florida just weeds!

Chy said...

We've been lucky to have a mix of weather so far this Summer but today, we're in a heat wave. We watered early this morning but I'm sure our veggies are suffering right now.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to garden in such hot weather all the time.

Thanks for visiting Meredith!

X Chy