About Me

July 29, 2018

Finally ....


I have worked for the only free~standing,
community~based hospice for the last 14
years and in that time, the dream to move
it from just programs to an actual residential
hospice has been a constant discussion. Hopes
and dreams are now coming true. Our vintage
building will come down and a new hospice
will be built in it's place. New and functional.
Working systems and more program space.
But the most important feature will of course
be the residential suites for those living their
last days to be cared for compassionately
and with dignity. Outside of the founders,
I'm probably the most excited as I've waited
for so long. Staff have come and gone and
often left as they didn't see this day ever
happening. But here we are, poring over the
blueprints and adding our thoughts to the 
process. I thought I was going to burst in to
tears when I pulled up and finally saw our sign.

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

That is so exciting and the new building can help so many people. Congrats.

Chy said...

We are beyond excited Meredith! So many will benefit from our expanded service. I can't wait for the doors to open!! X Chy