About Me

October 2, 2021

Blogtober: Day 2.



After 18 months of avoiding illness and feeling so lucky to not be touched by Covid, I had a little scare this past week when I became quite ill with a nasty chest cold. I've been home all week, cuddled up to get better and thankful that the two rapid tests I was able to take (last Saturday and then Tuesday) were both negative. But I kept getting worse, so tried to get a doctor's appointment. Our family doctor and our naturopath were both booked up for the next two weeks. I was encouraged to call in each morning but was worried I was getting bronchitis or pneumonia. So off to an open clinic we went on Friday. They told me they couldn't see me until I had a Covid test done by the Provincial Medical system, so I had to book a test. Thankful to get in that afternoon for a test, which literally took 2 minutes. Today, I got a text confirming that I'm still negative, so off to the doctor for a 1:00 pm appointment tomorrow. I hope that it's not more than a cold but if it is, that I can get some antibiotics so I can heal and get back to life. If Covid wasn't part of daily life right now, I would not be worried. But it's hard not to go to that place when our numbers are so high and deaths are happening, even in people who have been double vaccinated. It's been an insightful week for sure. Wish me luck tomorrow when the doctor sorts out my nasty cold and gets me on the mend 

Do you love my photo of my lunch the other day?
Everyone was at work and I was too tired to make
any kind of decent lunch. So I opened up my bag
of popcorn and filled my bowl. Yummy and fast!

Hope you are well.

~ Chy

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Prayers for you to find out GOOD news at the doctors office and that you are able to get something to help you feel much better quickly.
Blessings,
Betsy

Lorrie said...

Oh I hope you soon feel better. I'm so glad it's not Covid.

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

Just happened upon your lovely blog and just wanted to say we have just had the worst cold ever too. Took six Covid rapid tests to be sure then had the full lab test and blood test as I am part of the UK statistics program tested and tracked monthly - still negative. Mine didn't lie on my chest though it is all around my sinuses and ears are blocked. Took us 3 weeks to fully recover when normally it would be a couple of days. Hope you are feeling better soon. Will drop by again and have a pproper read of your blog.

محمد said...

Curtains store in Egypt Turn Two Rooms Into One
mark d sikes
AMY NEUNSINGER
At a home in Beverly Hills, Mark D. Sikes used curtains in his go-to blue-and-white to turn an open concept into a dining and living space that are clearly delineated but visually connected..Curtains stores in Egypt