About Me

October 22, 2021

Blogtober: Day 22.


There seems to be so much controversy in recent years about their impact on the environment. Anything like this is a concern for me. We have soy candles and buy from local or regional makers. But I have 2 that are a combo of soy and paraffin that I truly love and use on a a limited basis. We do have an air return system as our HVAC and feel confident we aren't impacting our health. My 2 favorites are "Love" ~ the pink one above and in the same brand "Green Apple" ~ a perfect scent for Fall. Often I don't even light them but will open the lid for a quick sniff. I also make my own candles and love the process, though it's quite messy. I'm going to experiment this Winter to see if I can come up with the "Love" and "Green Apple" scents on my own. The Art Studio is going to be busy once the snow flies with dollhouse renos, learning to create art with resin and candle making. 

Today is our last day for working on the stone patio and walk way before a big rain sets in tomorrow. Dh has a meeting this morning, so I'm going to head out after my shower to set up for the walk way. Once it's a bit warmer (a blue sky is present and double digits for temps this afternoon), we'll sweep the polymeric sand across the finished patio and then water it gently. It sets up quickly and by the end of the afternoon, we'll have a completed project. For the walk way, we have to take the front steps off, then level the ground underneath, lay down a layer of regular sand, and then start laying out the stone. I hope to have at least the pad down by the end of the day. Tomorrow, we're meeting a contractor at our old house to do a quote on renos there so we can sell, then we're going to my office to set up for an event on Sunday, a quick shopping trip, a visit with my mom, some groceries, then we'll head home. It's supposed to rain all day, so perfect for getting these tasks completed. Tomorrow night, we're off to a hockey game downtown with a dear friend. His company has a sky box that includes a buffet dinner, so we're quite looking forward to a fun night out. Sunday is supposed to be sunny and warm again. Our event is in the afternoon but if it does rain all of Saturday, we may not get any outside work down if the ground is wet. I'll be back at it next week as I still have a few days off from work. Next week looks really nice too.

Do you have big plans for today and
the weekend? Or is it a relaxing time?

~ Chy

No comments: