About Me

October 8, 2021

Blogtober: Day 8.

And the winner is ....



Yes, I've decided to go with this office space. I love
the quirky wall juts and the ceiling that slopes. The
art work speaks to me and the cabinet to store all of
my grief materials is lovely. We're now searching for
a smaller desk to fit in here as I don't want space to be
eaten up by a piece of furniture that is functional but
too big. I may swap out the couch and chairs with the
other counselling room just to soften it a bit but they
may grow on me. The one thing that has to go is the
basket of sunflowers. Sweet and they are the symbol
for hospice. But not my style! I'll make this space my
own and happy to finally get settled in this quiet spot. 

Today is our day off but it's not going to really be that.
Our contractor is coming over to spread the load of
gravel that will arrive this morning for our patio space
we're creating coming off the big deck. Once he has
the gravel spread out, he'll then measure and measure
and fill in gaps and measure and then tamp it all down.
Then he'll spread the sand that will arrive today as well
and more measuring and tamping and hopefully if all
goes well, by the end of the day, we'll have a sturdy,
level spot to begin to lay down all the bricks we have
lined up on pallets on the driveway. So excited to get
this project done before the snow arrives. He's also
going to smooth out our front walk so that water does
not pool anymore if it rains for 3 days ~ rare but it does
happen a few times each Summer. Then he'll create a
little dry river bed for us for our sump pump. And his
last task will be to regrade and smooth out our drive.
Not sure those last two things will happen this weekend
but he's pretty fast, so we'll see how it goes. He's lovely
so far and we hope to use him in the future as we need
things down around here that don't fit in our capacity.
I like having trades we can both trust and call as needed.

It's Thanksgiving this weekend here in sunny Canada.
Looking forward to a lovely time and lots of turkey!

~ Chy

No comments: