About Me

October 9, 2021

Blogtober: Day 9.



If you recall my post from October 3rd, you'll remember I had spotted a sweet vintage cabinet on Marketplace. I sent a note to the seller. But a response did not come. And then the listing was no longer there. It showed she had taken it down. So I felt gutted for a moment but knew that if it wasn't meant to be in our little cottage, that it was not to be ours. Yesterday, 4 days later, I had a few moments between meetings and while sipping my tea, decided to jump on Marketplace to see if I could find a cabinet close to what I had fallen in love with. Can you guess what happened? Yup! There, on the first page, listed a mere 2 minutes before .... the cabinet!! So I quickly wrote to the seller, who had posted that she had deleted it but didn't realize it. She wondered why she wasn't getting any interest and then did a search, only to find it wasn't there. So she reposted it and I had the fortune of being there at the right moment. We conversed a bit, she answered a few questions I had and we made arrangements to pick it up yesterday after work. It was a bit of a drive but so worth it and it was a pretty drive with the leaves blowing across the road in the breeze. The seller was lovely ~ she had even wrapped the 2 glass shelves in bubble wrap so they wouldn't break on the way home. And now, a cabinet I had dreamt off over time, with more detail than I could hope for, is safely stowed away in the turret, waiting for its first coat of paint and the wallpaper to be applied on the back and side walls in the interior. A piece we'll love and cherish for a very long time. I can't believe how well this turned out after I thought I'd have to start my search all over again. Irish luck was on my side, once again!

                                      ~ Chy

2 comments:

galant said...

Oh, how lovely that you now have our little display cabinet, Chy! These were very popular in the early days of the 20th century, and in Victorian times, too. Everyone always had such a cabinet for their previous, special things, and the tea services that only came out on high days and holidays.
Margaret P
www.margaretpowling.com

Granny Marigold said...

Your cabinet is very lovely; I'm so happy for you that you were able to get it after all. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.