About Me

April 20, 2019

Cozy Morning.


It's been a bit of a mixed week. Dh, eldest dd and dgs are off on a trip to the Magic Kingdom. Second dd was not able to go due to work and her month long trip coming up in the Summer. I truly didn't want to go this time as it's a busy time of the year at the Park (just before and during Easter) and with a move at work, timing wasn't the best. In the end, it did turn out to be the best decision. They are having a blast, dh misses me (a break is doing us good!) and just before they left, I had a sore throat. Which translated to strep throat, which turned in to pneumonia. It would have been a miserable trip if I had gone and gotten sick. But thankfully, I took this time off while they were away to work on projects here and get ready for the big work move. In between, I've been able to rest and not have a busy schedule. Today I can tell the meds have kicked in as I woke up not in pain and my cough is much better. I promised myself I'd stay cozy in our warm bed all morning. My plan is to keep this day light and fun. So far, I'm staying on track.

Once I'm up, I'm going to try the treadmill today. I was doing really well and have managed to lose 4.8 pounds. But then my body caved to pneumonia and there was no way I'd be able to keep my pace without a coughing fit. I was kind to myself this week and didn't exercise other than some stretching. I weighed myself this morning and I've managed to stay at the same weight all week, despite no exercise. Likely because my appetite hasn't been great. But I'm staying well hydrated and on my way to wellness. 

After the treadmill, a few minutes of light weights and some stretching, a nice shower, then fresh clothes and a quick tidy of our bedroom. Later this afternoon, dd and I are off to town to feed the animals at our Centre (yesterday was a holiday and another family took on this task for us) and make a stop to meet a lovely lady who is holding an item for me. If I do purchase said item, I'll do a post about it as it's quite neat. Then we're going to pop in to visit my mom for a bit and bring her a sweet Easter gift from all of us. After that, we're heading to a restaurant that we made reservations at for dinner, a treat from both of us to both of us. We're celebrating surviving this week and the days to come before dh, eldest dd and dgs return to our home next week. Can't wait to honor our skills for survival all week.

So what did we survive? Besides strep and pneumonia. Well our contractors came out to work on our laundry room. Our house is amazing but the laundry room has had an issue of being very cold in the Winter. At first, we thought it was maybe not insulated enough and our builder showed us it was but he added in more just for good measure. That didn't stop the issue and we had 2 floods from a frozen washer line ~ 1 last year and 1 this year. Both we caught quickly and the damage was minimal (a water line on some of the base boards). This year, we couldn't use the space for about 6 weeks when we had a history making cold snap ~ the last time it was this cold was over 40 years ago. Crazy! We had hoped with our builder, the heating guy and the plumber here, a discovery, then a solution and a quick fix would be in order. But it's taken a bit of a turn and we ended up with a bigger concern, a 3rd flood (no frozen water line this time and very small flood but still water came up) and now we're faced with a bigger fix that likely will either be covered by the warranty or the contractors as clearly something was not put in correctly. So far, everyone is on the same page and we're all perplexed but smiling. The original plumber is no longer around but I have asked myself a few times how someone can blatantly install something so incorrectly and walk away from the job, knowing it will create an issue and not have a care in the world. Happy to hear he's no longer in the trade but really? This could have been so much worse, like a whole house flooded but thankfully we've been diligent and avoided that. Now the big work will have to be figured out and hopefully a final resolution so we can do laundry without worry. How does something this big pass inspection? I will be questioning the County about that as we know inspections took place (we were here) but trusted the inspectors did their job efficiently. Clearly, that didn't happen!! I'm thankful everyone has been professional too.

After our lovely celebratory dinner, we plan to come home and watch the last 2 episodes of "Good Girls" we need to view to end the 2nd season. Then it's on to season 3. It's cold and super windy outside. We're wishing the promised rain that doesn't show up will finally appear and make our landscape green again. A warm fire and good company ~ a nice way to end a crazy, busy week. 

Tell me how about your week. 
Did you get to have a cozy morning?

~ Chy

4 comments:

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Hi Chy, Sorry to hear that you got sick, but I'm glad you have been resting and are feeling better now. It's been a fun week. I'm working on my sweater and getting an estimate to put in a side fence today. The garden is producing citrus and artichokes, and that makes me happy. Sorry to hear about the trouble you have been having in your laundry room. The cold there is so extreme.

happyone said...

My mornings always start with a walk the very first thing. It gets me going for the day. : )

Chy said...

Thank you Stephanie. I'm feeling much better today and even worked outside in the sunshine for a few hours.

I'm sure our contractors will figure out the laundry room situation soon. I won't back down until it's all better!

X Chy

Chy said...

A walk is a great way to start the day, Happyone! I'm back in routine now and even have done 2 workouts over the last 2 days. Much better now!

X Chy