About Me

April 22, 2019

More Bookcases.

As promised, I've captured the last few
bookcases around our cottage. I didn't
take a shot of the open bookshelf in
the laundry room or our walk in closet.


We love our little bookcases on either side
of our fireplace in the master bedroom. I
have started to put some smaller books in
here, which right now is my Beatrix Potter. 


The other side has some petit point pictures,
candles, a pretty rose bag, a painted vase and
a tiny set of salt and pepper shakers that we
found when we cleaned out gramma's house.


Our wall unit in our bedroom is another
book storage source. It is actually three
pieces but we recently split it up as it
truly swallowed up the wall too much.


We placed the other piece in the turret as part
of our office space. You can see that up above.
Can you spot a new old piece for our bedroom?
Isn't that the sweetest blush arm chair? It was
listed and then reduced on our local marketplace
so I was suprised when I contacted the seller and
she told me it was still available. When I went to
view it, we clicked and then she surprised me by
reducing it again! Very happy and it is so comfy.
It came from a family who had lived in a heritage
area in the Big City and they said it was made by
the great grandfather back in the early 20's. It's
been recovered by the fabric is period and so
perfect. The small bookcase is in our upper hall.


On the left, the little house bookcase we have in
our guest bedroom that holds books for our grand
kids when they sleep over. I love buying books for
the two of them to truly enjoy! The final picture is the
end of our island in the art studio. This was meant
to be just one more spot for books but I've switched
it up a bit. It now holds all my scrapbooks along with
pads of paper and some art books. It works very well.

Well friends, that's end of my bookcase tour. 
Hope you enjoyed seeing our book nooks!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

The rose-coloured chair is quite lovely and suits the spot you put it in.

Chy said...

Thank you! I quite like it and hope dh does too once he's home from his trip. When I want to sit at the desk, I just have to turn it back around and pull it over to the desk. Soft but supportive and just the right height!

X Chy