About Me

April 25, 2019

Quality Furniture.


Before we bought our first home, I read an article about spending money on one or two quality pieces of furniture that will last decades vs. spending money on many poorly crafted items that will need to be replaced over and over again. In our early years, our funds were decent but we were budget conscious in our commitment to not have any debt, so our furniture was sparse and often lovingly gifted, thrifted or inherited. As our incomes increased and our expenses decreased as kids grew and became independent, we've been able to commit to quality. My favorite piece is our recent find of this classic Ethan Allen secretary desk. Bought second had from a local family, at a 1/3 of the original cost, it was in perfect condition, not a scratch on it anywhere. The original owners bought it but never used it. I love writing in this quiet spot in our little cottage and know if we ever move, this piece will follow us wherever we land! 

What are your thoughts on quality furniture?
Do you have some favorite pieces you love?

~ Chy

2 comments:

happyone said...

I get tired of most furniture after awhile and like something different so high quality expensive furniture is wasted on me. :)
Some of my favorite pieces were my grandmothers. They weren't really what you would call good quality but they are still around.

Chy said...

Very good perspective Happyone! I tend to fall in love with a piece and keep it forever. Just my style! X Chy