About Me

August 5, 2021

Thankful Thursday.


I read a post earlier this morning, still tucked in our cozy bed while dh showered and it was titled "Thankful Thursday." But do you think I can find it now! I like to give credit to other bloggers but without finding the post, I am not able to and apologize in advance. I loved the concept though and today am posting what I am thankful for on this hot, muggy day.

Working in a hospice, I am thankful on a daily basis, not just today, for my health. I do have some challenges and work thru these but for the most part, I'm healthy and whole. I'm also grateful for my family's good health and always hope we can get thru this life without the struggles of a body that fails us. On that note, I'm thankful for my family, as goofy as they can get, the underlying theme is always love. You can't ask for anything better, if on days where we frustrate one another. I'm thankful for our cottage, with it's eclectic look and homey vibe. Finally, I'm thankful and eternally grateful for my job ~ there is nothing better than helping others along life's path and to be part of their journey is such an honor. Many people go thru life hating their jobs or at least tolerating their work, so I truly feel blessed to have this amazing position and opportunity. 

You're likely wondering what the food pic is above. Dh and I recently started cooking together. When we first got married, he loved to spoil me with dinners each night. And then once we started our family and I was home for 2 decades, I made most of the meals so they were ready when he came home from work. But once I returned to work and he stayed home with our youngest for 6 years, he went back to cooking. That was almost 18 years ago and he's still the cook! So now we've come full circle and we're now cooking together. Not every meal but for now, on the weekends, when we have more time and can try elaborate new recipes. The one above was super good and actually easy, though I was so worried I was going to burn the sauce. It's a meatball in sauce receipe that is supposed to be better than the Ikea meatballs and sauce. I've never tried Ikea's version but after trying ours, the girls proclaimed that ours were in fact even tastier. Yeah! We found a website called "Natasha's Kitchen" and many of the recipes we've picked out to try are from her site. Looking forward to our new adventures in our little kitchen in the cottage. I'll post some. 

That's it for my "Thankful Thursday" post.
Tell me, what are you thankful for today?

~ Chy

No comments: