About Me

August 8, 2021

Right Here. Right Now.


I rarely paint my nails. But recently I
started and just had to show you today!

What I'm wearing .... my light yellow sundress with my pale green cotton slip underneath. Two long braids and bare feet.

What I'm reading .... still reading the same book. I apologize!

What's happening in my kitchen .... quiet for now but dinner will be starting soon. Homemade pizza with dough we bought from the Italian Centre. Looking forward to it.

What's outside my window .... another dark day with huge clouds dropping rain, lightening and thunder, then an hour of sun, then a storm again. So grateful for the rain. The storms are not welcome at all. But the rain is very much needed.

What I'm thankful for .... a weekend full of tasks that are checked off our list, time for fun, relaxing and sleeping in, and creative endeavors in the now very tidy art studio.

What I'm smelling .... the snack we just ate while watching a movie. A mix of cashews, raisins, nuts and white chocolate.

What I'm hearing .... we're watching "Guess Who's Coming for Dinner" for the first time. So good! So progressive!

What I'm crafting .... windows for the dollhouse arrived this week. I may try and put them in tonight. Then flooring and walls and it's ready to go back to dgd. I hope she likes it.

What's on my mind .... the sale of our old house that feels like it's taking forever. Many showings, which is a good sign. 

Words to live by .... "You matter because you are you, and you matter to the end of your life. We will do all we can not only to help you die peacefully, but also to live until you die." This quote is special as it is the philosophy of Dame Cicely Saunders and the philosophy of the hospice I am privileged to work in. We have used this quote for years. A favorite.

Namaste, my blogging buddies.

~ Chy

No comments: